Proposal: Best Player Your Team Would Trade For the Oilers 2019 2nd Round Pick

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
The problem with the oilers are plenty

First they have 57k in remaining cap space with over 3.5 million needed to clear for their LTIR players coming back

From a simple math equation just to be cap compliant they need to move out 4 million and then they would still be at the ceiling.

The other problem is any assets of value and core key players they refuse to move

Which means the only way they can do anything going forward is to trade off any bad contracts with either high draft picks and any young valuable assets or 1 or 2 key core players

No team is taking on any bad contracts without Edmonton giving up lots of high value players.

Talbot is expiring at seasons end he would ve a cap dump to team knowing it's a few months of his cap and then off the books

Lucic the only way he gets moved is to a team that needs to hit the floor next year however it will require value to move him.

The bottom line here is Edmonton has 2 players whom are high value after that the drop off is steep.

IMO NUGGENT HOPKINS NURSE are the 2 players whom Edmonton should look to move for picks and prospects alleviating their cap problems .

Lucic is a off season move

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
This has Gudbranson written on it
Thats who I was thinking. Atleast he would be better than the D they got in the last trades they made.

Couldn't think of a forward that I would find a good trade with from the Canucks, guess Leivo would be the best option eventhough we just got him.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Louie Erikson.

You can send us Lucic too.
I would take Loui over Lucic, hell a second isn't even worth it if it was part of the deal. Do you really want a guy whos putting up even worse stats, can't skate, can't PK and has a year extra on his deal? Lucic isn't even good enough at skating to be a 6 million dollar goon, he can't catch anyone. As much as I hated that Loui deal the day they signed it and as bad as it is now, its still better than Lucic.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB is likely to auction off JT Miller for a draft pick, and this could win out, if Edmonton has the cap room by then to fit Miller. We can't retain.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
... and if Eriksson was waived today you honestly think anyone is picking him up?

That said, Lucic has a worse contract... so I would make this deal.
Oh yea no one is picking up Eriksson if he's waived but as bad as his contract is, I would still have him over Lucic any day since he can still do some useful things. I just can't believe how far off the cliff Lucic has fallen like a rock, knew it would be bad just didn't think Edmonton would be stuck with an anchor this quick and this bad.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I realize this is all just for fun, but how would Edmonton fit another player under the cap.

If anything this should be a mirror image trade. What would any team take off the Edmonton roster for your 2nd round pick.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
From Wpg: Petan or Myers.
Petan would be easy to fit within cap and could play on 2nd or 3rd line.
Myers next contract might be lower than current contract and would be an upgrade to the the D (perhaps a 4D?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad