Best Hockey Podcasts?

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Does anyone know if 32 Thoughts is done for the season? I was surprised they didn't release a free agency recap episode today. They usually mention if it's their last episode of the season, but the last episode was just Elliotte recapping the draft without Jeff.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Most "mainstream"/corporate hockey podcasts tend to be"lazy", taking extremely long breaks in the summer.

It’s not like the Puck Podcast, where Doug & Eddie have been releasing a 2-hour (or longer) episode every single week for 17 years now. :skeptic: No holidays, no summer breaks – nothing. Yup, during the lockout & covid seasons, too, which is nothing short of amazing.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
If you're looking for a more laid back fun cast that isn't all hockey talk, Missin Curfew is by far my favorite, Scotty Upshall/Shane O'Brien are worth listening to for just the laughs,

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Maybe i'm in the minority, but I can't stand Marek. Something about his delivery is just so off-putting to me. When he does his AirBnB commercials pretty sure my blood pressure spikes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Most "mainstream"/corporate hockey podcasts tend to be"lazy", taking extremely long breaks in the summer.

It’s not like the Puck Podcast, where Doug & Eddie have been releasing a 2-hour (or longer) episode every single week for 17 years now. :skeptic: No holidays, no summer breaks – nothing. Yup, during the lockout & covid seasons, too, which is nothing short of amazing.

I will give it a try.

I listen to 32 thoughts and enjoy it if I need to destress from a busy day.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe i'm in the minority, but I can't stand Marek. Something about his delivery is just so off-putting to me. When he does his AirBnB commercials pretty sure my blood pressure spikes.

I haven't heard of his ads, but I don't mind Marek too much.

He's a hockey nerd to the nth degree, but he generally comes across respectful and down to earth.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I haven't heard of his ads, but I don't mind Marek too much.

He's a hockey nerd to the nth degree, but he generally comes across respectful and down to earth.
Oh I totally get that he's quite in tune with the ins and outs of hockey and has followed the sport forever, he just rubs me the wrong way. Like is too eager or too much of a try hard....I can't quite describe what it is.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Hockey PDOcast is my go to. Especially for in depth analysis of players.

The YouTube channel is also great for highlights that go beyond just goals/assists and actually showcases specific skills of each player. For example, the Auston matthews mix this year has a whole section of his takeaway plays and stickhandles.

Playlist of their player deepdives.

Yup, The Hockey PDOcast isn't getting nearly enough love in here.

In depth analysis, without getting overly technical. Knowledgeable guests from around the league. Dmitri is a great host.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad