Best and Worst Play-By-Play Announcers

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I like the guy who does Colorado. He shows enthusiasm for the other teams players and goals. His calls for Avalanche goals are super animated as well. I like the way he says "NATHAN MACKINNON" when nate scores.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Best: John Forslund.
Worst: It was Paul Steigerwald. Paul Romanuk might hold the title now.

Reactions: Oldracer

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Blues, Oilers, Buffalo are all great and make the game much more fun. NBC's A-team is great, obviously, but their B-teams are just god awful.

NBC needs to figure out how to get Pang and John Kelly working the playoffs.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I too like Blues announcers. I also like TSN when Ray Ferraro isn't commentating.

I dislike far more than I like. The worst ones are most likely Panthers, Ducks, Bruins and especially Penguins.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I too like Blues announcers. I also like TSN when Ray Ferraro isn't commentating.

I dislike far more than I like. The worst ones are most likely Panthers, Ducks, Bruins and especially Penguins.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand this guy. The fact that he never shuts up is exacerbated by the pause he takes between every few words.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
'I enjoy the the Blues squad, I loved when Kings had Thorne as guest (was it last season?) I dont have any problems with Edwards, he knows hockey and is often well informed about the other team.

And Pittsburg went from last to somewhere near top 10 maybe?

Coyotes I think have a good one, and Forslund.

Oh and I love the badass voices the Caps have, maybe not what they say, but the play-by-play guy sounds like villian from a movie and the colorguy sounds like his dumb whiny assistent..

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
'I enjoy the the Blues squad, I loved when Kings had Thorne as guest (was it last season?) I dont have any problems with Edwards, he knows hockey and is often well informed about the other team.

And Pittsburg went from last to somewhere near top 10 maybe?

Coyotes I think have a good one, and Forslund.
Gosh I miss Thorne so much.

Edwards is great until there's a fight.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I think a lot of people who hate on Jack Edwards don't remember his days with ESPN and HDnet. He was excellent back then. He's still just as good now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad