Music: Best album of 2024

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It is, and probably has the best heavier PJ music in a while. I’m not sure how I feel about the mellower tunes, but the heavies are nice.
I've forgiven Eddie his indulgence for Something Special. The rest needs a bit of time to percolate and settle but I'm at least certain there's no bad songs on it, that's all I was hoping for.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Finally got around to listening to the new Metz record. It's very good. Very very good. I think it might be their best yet. There are some very interesting things going on musically in just about every song. Very unique arrangements.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
It's an EP, but I don't give a damn... It's the best thing I've heard this year:

Sucks, I just looked at their site, and they've already sold out their EP.

They actually remind me of a band from '94, Ashes... they had similar female vocals , and a good vinyl EP (Flood).

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This is definitely an unpopular opinion in civilized society, but brat by Charli xcx is actually a very very good record. It's got a couple of absolute stinkers in there (seriously, WOW), but it's a damn good record if you ignore shitfests like Club Classics (so unbelievably shit, unbelievably). If you get through that song, you get to a really fantastic electrodancemess called Sympathy is a Knife that is a damn unique little tune that really has a nice and unusual chorus. The album bumps in ways other albums that bump just don't. She also continues her streak of really good (albeit very rare) ballads with So I. She's got a knack for ballads yet rarely does them.

If things don't change, it'll make my top 5 of the year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jack White - No Name 07/22/24

I’ve been enjoying this more than most of his solo stuff. Thought it might be fun if he left the tracks unnamed though. That truly would’ve been real creative genius.

Reactions: plank

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
^
I consider myself a moderate Jack White fan(I own 3 Stripes and a the Raconteur albums) so I am surprised how much I like this. I was able to get the download, burn it to a CD and crank it on the stereo and the car until the official CD(and black vinyl) comes out next month. The white vinyl has been selling for $500-$1,000 and the blue vinyl $100-$200:eek3:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Yea, new Jack White is fantastic. His best output since the White Stripes

Reactions: plank

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
There's an English Post-Britpop band called Thirteen Senses who released an unannounced album after 10 years and it's quite good. Opening song is interesting, 10+ minutes long not what you'd expect from a pop rock band.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad