Berube // North <-> South // Coaching Systems // Elitism

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I've seen a definite difference in play from last year. A lot more sound defensively. Might even be boring at times without the flashiness.

But the thing is, if it gets us a ton of wins in the playoffs to hopefully getting to that coveted goal, I am all for it. We as the fans deserve it.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
swap Robertson for Knies.

I want 1 slapshot. and the rest of the guys I want as fast as possible and as much finish as possible.
That's fair. I really did these units around keeping ES lines together as well as having "interchangeable parts"

Matthews on each other then. A set up man on each of them (Marner or Domi), a net front guy (Tavares or Knies), another sniper to watch out for (Nylander or Robertson) and obviously a point man with a shot...Timmins should get a look if he is in the lineup.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
I've seen a definite difference in play from last year. A lot more sound defensively. Might even be boring at times without the flashiness.
We've played pond hockey during the regular season so much we don't know any other way to play.

Dubas: Here was your big big big failing.

Regular season Corsi, Playoff Corsi.

They aint the same.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think the top lines and PP1 haven't been changed yet because of the difference between practice/preseason and real games.

The PP1 squad may be looking great during practice: give them a few real games to see how they do before shuffling.

Some of the top players have looked slow in preseason/practice: give them a few real games to see if it was just 'vet privilege' or a real issue.

Some forward pairings look a bit off: give them a few games to see where the problem (if any) is.

You get a much better sense of what works or doesn't work by watching real games against real opponents (does Montreal count?)

We've got new coaches. I don't mind them taking a few regular season games before doing a lot of changes. If there's still no improvement after maybe 10 games I'll start worrying.

We have seen large improvement in overall play, mainly because of the new players/pairings/lines beyond the 'top 6', so I'm reasonably happy with both Tre and Berube so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad