Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade [ Part II ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
And at this point I would consider Compher’s value quite lower than Bennett based on the contract durations. There’s a reason why you’re trying to dump Compher, you’re gonna need that cap space to re-sign important members on your team.

AVs have more Cap Space, prospects and youth than CGY. Swapping comparable players in need of a change. Compher has a better NHL career and more consistent, just don’t really understand your point?

Last edited:

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
AVs have more Cap Space, prospects and youth than CGY. Swapping comparable players in need of a change. Compher has a better NHL career and more consistent, just don’t really understand your point?
Right now, maybe. But as up and coming contenders the cap space will eventually be bare, and some prospects will be shipped to go all in.

I get it, they’re in a much better position to succeed because of their rebuild going rather successful. That doesn’t mean a Bennett/Compher swap make sense. We need cap space to sign other players.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hahaha real people.
No, all non flames fans acknowledge exactly what he is.
A bottom six grinder fighting for his nhl survival

Listen, most of us Flames fans are not expecting 4 th overall performance.

But only moron thinks he is fighting for his NHL survival. Sam Bennett will play in this league for another 10 yrs ....don't mix him up with Yakupov

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Must be doing a good job at surviving since he’s been in the league for a while now

I notice fans around the league (other than some Oilers and Canucks fans who see Bennett often) generally just have no sense of what kind of player Sam Bennett is, they see the draft position and the meager production and assume he is a guy on the cusp of falling out of the NHL.

The reality is he'd be one of the better bottom six players on most teams in the league. The guy does everything you want in a player, other than being able to produce offensively. He is absolutely the type of player you win with, he will just never be a star it looks like.

Wherever he ends up, or if he ends up staying in Calgary, he is going to play like 15+ seasons in the league before it's all said and done. He just probably isn't ever going to top 40 points in any of those years.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Listen, most of us Flames fans are not expecting 4 th overall performance.

But only moron thinks he is fighting for his NHL survival. Sam Bennett will play in this league for another 10 yrs ....don't mix him up with Yakupov
11 minutes a night, two points all season and a healthy scratch is a player fighting for his nhl survival.
Frame it however you would like.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
11 minutes a night, two points all season and a healthy scratch is a player fighting for his nhl survival.
Frame it however you would like.

He is averaging 13:15 a night this year, which is pretty much in line with most of his seasons. Ward juggles lines a lot so some nights he is playing 11 and others he is playing 16, there isn't much consistency to his minutes for that reason, nor is there for anyone who isn't in the Flames top 6. Guess which line he played on after being scratched?

You're just demonstrating you aren't familiar with the Flames or Bennett with posts like this.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
He is averaging 13:15 a night this year, which is pretty much in line with most of his seasons. Ward juggles lines a lot so some nights he is playing 11 and others he is playing 16, there isn't much consistency to his minutes for that reason, nor is there for anyone who isn't in the Flames top 6. Guess which line he played on after being scratched?

You're just demonstrating you aren't familiar with the Flames or Bennett with posts like this.

Meh, I think he's right. Bennett was a healthy scratch before the top line stint. I have watched every minute of the last 2 games and dont think he's added much of anything to the Monahan-Gaudreau duo. They've lugged him around, but hes not better or worse than Dominik Simon in the same role.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Meh, I think he's right. Bennett was a healthy scratch before the top line stint. I have watched every minute of the last 2 games and dont think he's added much of anything to the Monahan-Gaudreau duo. They've lugged him around, but hes not better or worse than Dominik Simon in the same role.

You think he is on his way out of the league?

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018

And you are doing what many flames fans on this thread are doing.... acting as if this guy isn’t a player fighting to stay on an nhl lineup

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And you are doing what many flames fans on this thread are doing.... acting as if this guy isn’t a player fighting to stay on an nhl lineup

Well, you are here trying to get him for your team. You even said so on this thread.

His survival seems to be safe to me. LMFAO

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He isn't. While I don't see his potential being as high as some, there's definitely no risk of him not being an NHL player.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think if he's willing to accept a ~1 mil contract after not getting his QO and play on the 4th line somewhere then he'll stay in the league. But he's clearly not cut for a top 6 role and thats what he thinks he is.

I don't think anyone is going to want to pay him his QO beyond this season.

Reactions: axlrose87

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Well, you are here trying to get him for your team. You even said so on this thread.

His survival seems to be safe to me. LMFAO
As I said before; as a fourth line player, I think he is a good and effective player.
But some of these flames fans are absolutely hilarious. People suggesting he is worth a first round pick? In what world?
Better chance he winds up on waivers

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I think if he's willing to accept a ~1 mil contract after not getting his QO and play on the 4th line somewhere then he'll stay in the league. But he's clearly not cut for a top 6 role and thats what he thinks he is.

This is exactly what he is.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He isn't. While I don't see his potential being as high as some, there's definitely no risk of him not being an NHL player.

There's definitely risk lol. The second he becomes a PR headache or expects over 2 mil on his next contract, he's going to bounce around bottom-6s and constantly be one bad camp away from taking a PTO or KHL deal. Ferris is the wrong agent for him, he's not someone who wants to risk playing chicken on his contract into the first week of training camp.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

When he is still in the NHL next year, the year after and so on, I’ll be happy to remind you if you’d like. You’re clearly not familiar with his game.

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

There is definitely a good possibility he won’t get his qualifying offer. Considering the flat cap. That doesn’t say much about him not being able to find an NHL job, though.

That said I’m not sure how him wanting to be a top 6 player is a knock. I imagine every bottom 6 forward wants to be a top 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad