Friedman: Bennett and Panthers open contract talks

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What’s the big deal with the 2C and the 3C talk? The middle 2 lines are fluid anyway. There’s a high chance Reinhart stays on the line with the “3C” when Barkov comes back, think Reinhart makes a big deal about being a 3rd line player? Lol

Panthers have arguably a top 9 and not a middle 6 per se.

It’s a top 9 then a 4th line. We don’t have one line loaded. Talent is distributed and juggled when necessary, Maurice has been excellent at doing this

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
What’s the big deal with the 2C and the 3C talk? The middle 2 lines are fluid anyway. There’s a high chance Reinhart stays on the line with the “3C” when Barkov comes back, think Reinhart makes a big deal about being a 3rd like player? Lol

It’s a top 9 with, then a 4th line. We don’t have one line loaded. Talent is distributed and juggled when necessary, Maurice has been excellent at doing this

We have to come to the conclusion that no team shouldn't pay 6.5mil for a 3C and therefore if and when that happens that makes the Panthers a stupid organization. Not sure what benevolent motive it serves other than making all other fanbases feel good about themselves.

Reactions: Laus723

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We have to come to the conclusion that no team shouldn't pay 6.5mil for a 3C and therefore if and when that happens that makes the Panthers a stupid organization. Not sure what benevolent motive it serves other than making all other fanbases feel good about themselves.
6.5M C is a no no for the 3rd line

But an 8.7M wing on the 3rd is perfectly fine.

Insert Drake meme here lmao

SirSamofHouseBennett

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Some teams will be spend 30m on their C group, FLA will be spending less than 25m at most.

Who cares how many shifts each guy gets, they would still be incredibly cap efficient and by the time Barkov needs a raise, the cap will have risen enough to accommodate.

I’m a fan of Sir Samuel of House Bennett and don’t think the Panthers should give him up.

There really is no one else like him.

Can we list some comparable’s?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
What’s the big deal with the 2C and the 3C talk? The middle 2 lines are fluid anyway. There’s a high chance Reinhart stays on the line with the “3C” when Barkov comes back, think Reinhart makes a big deal about being a 3rd like player? Lol

It’s a top 9 with, then a 4th line. We don’t have one line loaded. Talent is distributed and juggled when necessary, Maurice has been excellent at doing this
There's all kinds of dumb talk in here.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Bruins and Leafs fans will handle this well
Bruins fan here. I agree with the Panthers owner, Bennett is the heart and soul of the Panthers. Don't look only points in his case. Dirty player, plays dirty, top 6, poised and keep his head cold, all what a team needs and like and opponents hate.
IMO, he will cash in hard.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Should come in around 6 mil. In a sane world he gets 5.5, but I could see him getting 6.5

Oh 5.5 would put the tax complainers into the shits. Please get that done Master Zito.

Bruins fan here. I agree with the Panthers owner, Bennett is the heart and soul of the Panthers. Don't look only points in his case. Dirty player, plays dirty, top 6, poised and keep his head cold, all what a team needs and like and opponents hate.
IMO, he will cash in hard.

As a Bruins fan, Im sure you can appreciate a dirty player more than fans of other teams ;)

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Oh 5.5 would put the tax complainers into the shits. Please get that done Master Zito.

As a Bruins fan, Im sure you can appreciate a dirty player more than fans of other teams ;)
I don't beleive Bruins are dirtier than other club and that is right for a long time now. I understand all the assessment of the Big bad Bruins, but this is a NHL and media marketing process rather than a fact. For the last years, Boston is not in the radar on that dirty scale.

But I would not say no to have Bennett on our club and I do prefer be the hammer than the nail.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Years of shit center depth, I want Bennett to stay.

The core can be ass in 5 years. I don't care. They are competitive now. One thing if Florida had a blue chip ready center in the A, or minors. They don't.
Zito has made the roster in a win now mode in lieu of picks/prospects. It paid off.

Stamkos was 34 years old and had red flags about his 5v5 play due to his foot speed. Bennett is 6 years younger than Stamkos.
If Bennett was 32-33, sure maybe got to let him walk if he wanted a 6-8 year deal. But at 28-29 he's still got 3-4 years of good play in him before a possible drop due to his body breaking down. He can be physical, but it's not like he's laying people out/getting hit every game.

Barkov has been out due to a leg injury. The team hasn't fallen apart. Center depth is big.
It takes Bennett 2 years in his prime to produce the same number of points as this old broken down Stamkos you are talking about. Most people are talking about a long term deal that takes Bennett to about the same age as Stamkos’ current contract takes him.

Some of the term and money people are talking about for Bennett in this thread is crazy.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
What’s the big deal with the 2C and the 3C talk? The middle 2 lines are fluid anyway. There’s a high chance Reinhart stays on the line with the “3C” when Barkov comes back, think Reinhart makes a big deal about being a 3rd line player? Lol

It’s a top 9 then a 4th line. We don’t have one line loaded. Talent is distributed and juggled when necessary, Maurice has been excellent at doing this
I’m glad Maurice learned his lesson in Winnipeg. When he was there he would rather lose playing his top line 23 minutes a game (especially Wheeler) than win by using the whole team as it looks like he does with the Panthers.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Bennett is such a good player. I expect 6.5 for him to return, but wouldnt be shocked if he would get 7.5+ easily in FA. Second line center with more offensive potential. He is a 70+ Point guy on PP1 with pure top 6 TOI. The challenge is if his body will hold up to that workload.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bennett is such a good player. I expect 6.5 for him to return, but wouldnt be shocked if he would get 7.5+ easily in FA. Second line center with more offensive potential. He is a 70+ Point guy on PP1 with pure top 6 TOI. The challenge is if his body will hold up to that workload.
Yup. Zito will offer a five year term and at 6 per. So 30 million. As a UFA Bennet likely get 7.5 x 7. Not too sure he will give up on 20-25 million to stay a Panther.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
It takes Bennett 2 years in his prime to produce the same number of points as this old broken down Stamkos you are talking about. Most people are talking about a long term deal that takes Bennett to about the same age as Stamkos’ current contract takes him.

Some of the term and money people are talking about for Bennett in this thread is crazy.

Don't be dramatic. Never did bash Stamkos ability to score points, especially on the power play. A comment about foot speed didn't equal "old broken down".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad