NFL: Bengals vs Steelers Post Game Thread

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Porter should have received a flag and 15 yards penalty no doubt.

IMO the coach on the side should have different attire than the trainers so the refs don't confuse them.

The steelers dodged a bullet but they could still have won it with a 50 yards field goal.

They probably would have run a play or two to make it a closer kick than 50 anyways, they still had time. However if the refs flag Porter right away and take him off the field then Pacman doesn't get a penalty.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wacthing local news, Pittsburgh reporter on the field at games end talking to players saying that the Bengals fans were throwing beer and debris at Steelers players and staff as they walked off. Showed a clip. You can hear a coach telling players " put your helmets back on"...haha.

Oct 18, 2011
terrible job by the officials, no way should they have thrown that 2nd flag, they ref is looking right at joey porter....burfict is an idiot but that 2nd penalty was the killer and IMO was terrible

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
terrible job by the officials, no way should they have thrown that 2nd flag, they ref is looking right at joey porter....burfict is an idiot but that 2nd penalty was the killer and IMO was terrible

All the ref felt was someone bump him. Automatic flag. Just turned out to be a Bengal.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What no one else is talking about is why wasn't AJ Green out for the two point conversion attempt? I mean, he is your best offensive player and likely player overall.

That failure wound up being the difference between overtime.

Both teams went for 2 and flopped. Though if Pitt got their 2 we would have had overtime. Interesting how their miss changed the outlook of how the game was played. I get why they went for 2 though I don't necessarily agree with it. They'd have had to convert 2 two pointers to tie down 16.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Right call throwing a flag but there should've been one on Porter too. Offsetting penalties.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Both teams went for 2 and flopped. Though if Pitt got their 2 we would have had overtime. Interesting how their miss changed the outlook of how the game was played. I get why they went for 2 though I don't necessarily agree with it. They'd have had to convert 2 two pointers to tie down 16.

That Bengals 2pt attempt still makes me laugh.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It likely won't happen. But if Lewis gets canned and Hue Jackson does take a job elsewhere, this would be a perfect spot for Coughlin.

Short term, win-now mode team.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah, I didn't understand it. Why go for such a ridiculous play like that.

Seemed like the ultimate trying to outthink the opposition play. Horrifically low percentage play there...they didn't even have Green on the field as a decoy for crying out loud.

the only thing that would of been better then the ending of that game is if the Steelers returned the conversion for 2 points.

Burfict not being down by contact and running all the way down for the safety would have been the ultimate way.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It likely won't happen. But if Lewis gets canned and Hue Jackson does take a job elsewhere, this would be a perfect spot for Coughlin.

Short term, win-now mode team.

That'd be interesting. I think they'll promote from within though if Lewis goes. If not Jackson then Guenther.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad