NFL: Bengals vs Steelers Post Game Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Steelers also always have these running backs who come through in the crunch when they're needed. All these Fitzgerald Touissant's, (who I thought was always pretty good), and Isaac Redman's, and Jonathan Dwyers', and Amos Zereoue's...

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I don't think there's any question that's the.cass, and I think the NFL is just hoping that everything else will distract from it.

A 50 harder in that context is far from a gimme.

Well, there probably shouldn't have been a penalty against Jones at all and the ball should have been moved back to the Pittsburgh 47.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

He clearly puts contact on the ref in attempt to shove the Steeler's coach.
I agree Porter shouldn't have been there, but it's obvious contact and maybe the refs give the Steelers the penalty if he just cools it for a ****ing second

abhit.0.gif

Especially right after that.

The calls were justified, Bengals beat themselves.
Simple as that

Yeah, that shouldn't be a penalty on pacman, that's a joke. Porter however should have been called. It was just another call that the Steelers got away with.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Yeah, that shouldn't be a penalty on pacman, that's a joke. Porter however should have been called. It was just another call that the Steelers got away with.

He went over the back of a referee.

Put it however you want, it's a penalty.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

We have the bastion of objectivity right here, I wonder who you wanted to win. If you are really looking for a penalty for a coach being on the field,:help: It happens all the time.

I see no mention of the TD that was taken away from the Steelers due to the refs' incompetence.

member 51464

I can't believe anyone is defending the hit on Brown. The ball was gone....

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Where's the proof that steroid use is rampant in the NFL or that it's an epidemic though? It's supposition and insinuation... how many players are in the league? I'm sure if as many used as you're suggesting, it'd be somewhat well known or hinted about other than being bandied about as internet hypothesis.
It is well known. Nobody cares. You take your 4 game suspension and you claim an "energy drink" did it and everybody forgets about it.

But I find it funny that you're demanding proof when your first response was to make the same statement about hockey without proof. Anyways,

Quick quotes pulled from wikipedia

Former player and NFL coach Jim Haslett said in 2005 that during the 1980s, half of the players in the league used some type of performance-enhancing drug or steroid and all of the defensive lineman used them.

The BALCO Scandal in 2003 also revealed many users of steroids in the NFL.

A number of players from the Oakland Raiders were implicated in this scandal, including Bill Romanowski, Tyrone Wheatley, Barrett Robbins, Chris Cooper and Dana Stubblefield.[12] Recently, many players have confessed to steroid use. One of these players was former Oakland Raiders player Bill Romanowski. Romanowski confessed on the American news television show 60 Minutes to using steroids for a two-year period beginning in 2001.

Not necessarily all PEDs
Since the NFL started random, year-round tests and suspending players for banned substances, many more players have been found to be in violation of the policy. By April 2005, 111 NFL players had tested positive for banned substances, and of those 111, the NFL suspended 54

Sports Illustrated, Eddie George on PEDs

Former Tennessee running back Eddie George told SI Now on Thursday he believes PEDs are 'very rampant' in the NFL today, and said he was approached about using steroids in the wake of a toe injury during the 2000 season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't have a problem with the penalty called on Pacman. Even if Porter was wrong, you're a hothead player reaching over 3 officials, two of which have their back to you. What are they supposed to think? They knew before the game that it would be called air-tight.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Especially considering their coaching staff had already gotten involved with a player earlier in the game too. Bengals got shafted pretty hard by the refs in this game, but at the same time they did it to themselves.

Really? Putting this on the refs at any level is ridiculous. The Steelers had 142 yards of penalties to Cincy's 79. Love how the fans were able to chuck **** on the field AND at players the entire game and not get any sort of flag for delay or game or unsportsmanlike conduct. Or Jeremy Hill trying to start a rumble at midfield. Or Burfict spearing DeCastro......Marvin Lewis couldn't have stopped ALL of the nonsense, although he clearly has little to no control over that locker room. The refs did all they could and the Bengals for the most part started a lot of the **** on the field, the entire way. Period.

The guys you guessed would be the ones to implode did. Karma is an ugly *****.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
We have the bastion of objectivity right here, I wonder who you wanted to win. If you are really looking for a penalty for a coach being on the field,:help: It happens all the time.

I see no mention of the TD that was taken away from the Steelers due to the refs' incompetence.

I actually placed a large bet on a Steelers win, so I benefited greatly.

The Steelers also never lost a TD, they shouldn't have had the ball. it should have been a penalty against them and 1st and goal Bengals. That was a joke of a call the Steelers got with.

I'm not saying a coach being on the field should always be a penalty, but when he is on the field antagonizing other players (after the situation had already calmed down) and after the coaching staff had already been penalized for interfering with a player no less, that absolutely should have been a penalty.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Really? Putting this on the refs at any level is ridiculous. The Steelers had 142 yards of penalties to Cincy's 79. Love how the fans were able to chuck **** on the field AND at players the entire game and not get any sort of flag for delay or game or unsportsmanlike conduct. Or Jeremy Hill trying to start a rumble at midfield. Or Burfict spearing DeCastro......Marvin Lewis couldn't have stopped ALL of the nonsense, although he clearly has little to no control over that locker room. The refs did all they could and the Bengals for the most part started a lot of the **** on the field, the entire way. Period.

The guys you guessed would be the ones to implode did. Karma is an ugly *****.

regardles of other blown penalties, thats an obvious one and all the top analysts are upset about it, not just us

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB

He clearly puts contact on the ref in attempt to shove the Steeler's coach.
I agree Porter shouldn't have been there, but it's obvious contact and maybe the refs give the Steelers the penalty if he just cools it for a ****ing second

abhit.0.gif

Especially right after that.

The calls were justified, Bengals beat themselves.
Simple as that

I love the reaction of #66 on the Steelers in that Jones clip...he's pumped after seeing the flag.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
What no one else is talking about is why wasn't AJ Green out for the two point conversion attempt? I mean, he is your best offensive player and likely player overall.

That failure wound up being the difference between overtime.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Burfict isn't exactly a likeable player, he's an easy guy to make an example of. If the NFL wants to at least pretend it's taking the concussion issue seriously you toss the book at the guy.

At the very least you gotta hit him with 8 (with the first 4 being in the pre-season).

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
what a roller coaster ride of emotions the last 2 minutes.
got in my car for the ride home from work just in time to hear the end on CBS radio.
Dan Fouts tore into those 2 clowns who cost the Bengals 30 yards in penalties.
Burfict has and will always be a POS.
Pacman Jones is a clown.
somethings never change.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
As dumb as it was for Pacman, it's understandable. You just watched this moron cost you your season essentially and then Porter is standing in the middle of the field beaking. I would have lost it too.

Tough call on him, but it's a penalty. Although should have been one on each, off-setting and Pitt kicks a 50 yarder for the game. Bengals deserved to lose, but they got gipped by the refs at the end.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
regardles of other blown penalties, thats an obvious one and all the top analysts are upset about it, not just us

The fans at that place were despicable. Worst I've seen in ages, probably dating back to the days of the Vet in Philly when Irvin broke his neck...I don't feel sorry for any of the Bengals faithful. Sorry, but when you throw crap on the field the entire game, throw junk and cheer a dude being carted off, you're a bunch of classless a-holes.

And the usual suspects blew that game on the field for Cincy. Period. Not the refs (already pointed out that Pittsburgh was penalized way more and missed plenty of calls our way), not anyone else. The neanderthal thugs who routinely play dirty and leave their teammates high and dry with moronic play....

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Porter should have received a flag and 15 yards penalty no doubt.

IMO the coach on the side should have different attire than the trainers so the refs don't confuse them.

The steelers dodged a bullet but they could still have won it with a 50 yards field goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad