Trade: Ben Revere and PTBNL (TOR) for Drew Storen (WSH)

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
storen is just going to ignore any phone calls and requests for meetings with management around the trade deadline.

"not this year, man. not happening to me again."

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Osuna-Cecil-Storen-Sanchez could be a solid foursome in the BP. Could also mean Jays are even more open to Sanchez being a SP in 2016.

Saunders and Pompey battling for LF.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
well i dont know where his head is at but if he can just get one role and stay there he can be great. his confidence is really shaky right now, just dont put him as closer and them remove him

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
well i dont know where his head is at but if he can just get one role and stay there he can be great. his confidence is really shaky right now, just dont put him as closer and them remove him

No need to, Osuna is the closer.

Storen will work with Cecil in 7th/8th depending on match-ups. Pushes Sanchez down which will help.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Assuming the Jays didn't give up a significant PTBNL, I like this more for them than I do for Washington. I mean, they could've just gone out and signed Gerardo Parra, who's probably better than Revere and then traded Storen for something else.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Nats are paying the cash difference between the two. Good stuff.

Pompey finally gets regular atbats and we grab a pen arm.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Hmmmm I don't know how to feel about this.

Ben Revere was probably one of the more clutch batters down the stretch run of the year as well in the playoffs. These guys usually get on base especially hitting ahead of the big 3 Donaldson / Bautista / Encarnacion.

I'm not quite sold on Pompey full time. His hitting is ok, can run like the wind as well. I really thought Revere was pretty solid at the plate and in the outfield.

They do get a pitcher for the BP which could be a huge bonus but not sure Storen is the guy. I'm assuming rumored talks between Rodney and the Jays are done now also.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Assuming the Jays didn't give up a significant PTBNL, I like this more for them than I do for Washington. I mean, they could've just gone out and signed Gerardo Parra, who's probably better than Revere and then traded Storen for something else.

storen is a free agent next year and gave up on the nats down the stretch. he didnt wanna be here at all

they get a cheaper denard span

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I liked Revere but he's a very replaceable piece. If Storen can get back to what he has been capable of I really like this for Toronto. They had a log jam in the OF and needed BP help.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
storen is a free agent next year and gave up on the nats down the stretch. he didnt wanna be here at all

they get a cheaper denard span

I get that but Revere isn't very good. If you wanted a Revere type (actually better) then go out and sign Gerardo Parra. Then traded Storen for the best offer you can get. Whether that's prospects or another pen arm or something.

Just don't get this for the Nats.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I get that but Revere isn't very good. If you wanted a Revere type (actually better) then go out and sign Gerardo Parra. Then traded Storen for the best offer you can get. Whether that's prospects or another pen arm or something.

Just don't get this for the Nats.

What is the difference between revere and span? Cause i really dont see a difference. Both lead off, both get on base, both play good defense and both good on bases. They pretty much the identical player

On storen if it took this long for storen to be traded it probably means no one really wanted him becuase this came together so fast like the nats were so happy to trade him. He didn't wanna be in Washington and it showed last year. Lastly, trading storen in the final year of his deal and coming off a broken hand and confidence who knows where makes it tough to get anything but rizzo got a need

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I like this. Storen's a real good reliever, and I'm more comfortable to have that price tag filling an area of need (and it's the same as what Revere will likely get since Walgreens is paying $2M of it).

All I can see us doing is maybe signing one bargain bin OF (like a Venable type) as depth if Saunders ends up not recovering or Pompey isn't ready, but I think Pompey should be ready.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What is the difference between revere and span? Cause i really dont see a difference. Both lead off, both get on base, both play good defense and both good on bases. They pretty much the identical player

On storen if it took this long for storen to be traded it probably means no one really wanted him becuase this came together so fast like the nats were so happy to trade him. He didn't wanna be in Washington and it showed last year. Lastly, trading storen in the final year of his deal and coming off a broken hand and confidence who knows where makes it tough to get anything but rizzo got a need

Revere good defense? I mean he has speed but he takes bad routes, and his speed only sorta makes up for it.

-19 career DRS, Span is +30, the defensive portion of Rever's WAR has been bad the past 2 years as well.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Revere good defense? I mean he has speed but he takes bad routes, and his speed only sorta makes up for it.

-19 career DRS, Span is +30, the defensive portion of Rever's WAR has been bad the past 2 years as well.

He did make that dope catch in game 6 of the ALCS. That was sick.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Career numbers for each.

Span .287/.352/.395 104 OPS+, 106 wRC+, slightly above average defense in CF.

Revere .295/.328/.348 88 OPS+, 87 wRC+, below average defense everywhere.

There is no comparison between the two. Span is just far better than Revere at everything.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I liked Revere but think this is a good move by the Blue Jays to strengthen the bullpen. Hopefully the Pompey/Saunders duo can put up respectable numbers next season in left field.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hard not to like this for Jays.

Cecil/Storen/Sanchez/Osuna is pretty good.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Career numbers for each.

Span .287/.352/.395 104 OPS+, 106 wRC+, slightly above average defense in CF.

Revere .295/.328/.348 88 OPS+, 87 wRC+, below average defense everywhere.

There is no comparison between the two. Span is just far better than Revere at everything.

Yup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad