Value of: Ben Chiarot

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Big, physical, defensively reliable LHD? I want him in Florida. I was impressed with his playoff performance last year despite knowing nothing about him.

How's his skating/mobility?

It's good. And not the usual cliche "for a big dude". Chiarot is actually a solid and agile skater with no qualifiers.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Of course all the Habs fans think he'll get a 1st

If my team dealt a 1st round pick for Chiarot I'd be livid. 30 years old, 0 offense, and underwhelming defense (imo)

Of course 3 Habs fans represent the whole fanbase smh. There's as many opinions as there are Habs fans. Come to our boards, see for yourself. You talk like all of our polls are 100% the same answer everytime. Pisses me off everytime.

With that being said, I think Chiarot his worth a 3rd and could get up to a 2nd+ lower pick in a bidding war.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
So 2nd pair on a finals team? You know Chiariot was playing top pair on the jets run a few years ago. I get he’s a hab and we need to pretend he has no value but gms won’t see it that way
He stands on the shoulders of great partners and you call him tall.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Julien Brisebois set the tone two years ago by starting a new trend, (apparently) overpaying to add sand paper type players like Coleman and Goodrow to his already talented but soft team, winning it all (2 times in a row) doing so.

NHL is a copy cat league.

Chiarot is exactly in this line of thinking. He obviously contributed to habs last run to the finals, playing crucial minutes. He's exactly the type of sand paper D a soft team needs comes the playoffs.

He'll be in high demand if Habs are out of the playoff picture at the TD.

It will cost around a 2nd and a good (not great) prospect or a late 1st and an ok throw in prospect.

Reactions: HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad