Value of: Ben Chiarot

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Canadiens took a big hit losing Price,Weber,Danault and Tatar and i know its still early but i dont see the habs making the playoffs in the atlantic so with Chiarot becoming a free agent this summer i was wondering what hes value would be at ( we can retain 50% )

dont expect much offense from him but hes a good physical defensive dman

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Right before the Deadline for a first. Perfect second pairing DD for the playoff. Clear the front net and back of the net really well and one of the best in the league for clearing front net presence.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
He's 2nd pair on Canadians .. 3rd on most teams out there .. 2nd right now .. late first at the dradline. With a B prospect going back ..

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
He played over 25 minutes during our Finals run last year and was really steady the whole time. I think he goes for a first at the TDL.

Reactions: thai jet

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Savard got a 1st because Tampa got him at 75% off his cap

Trade: Blue Jackets send David Savard to Lightning in 3-team trade

Maybe a 2nd would work but depends on how Chiarot performs this season. If he's good on a bad team then 2nd would be fair.

I disagree with your premise of the extra 25%, Detroit only got a 4th for that, if that extra 25% was so much of the value they would have gotten more than that.

Edit: that being said I think a 2nd + is likely fair

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think 2nd would be par for Chiarot at deadline. +/- a longshot prospect depending upon who else hits the market and how he is playing.

From an Oilers perspective ,Holland spent a 4th on Green and another 4th on Kulikov. He will add someone similar for the run at deadline but would never give up a 1st for someone like Chiarot.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Of course all the Habs fans think he'll get a 1st

If my team dealt a 1st round pick for Chiarot I'd be livid. 30 years old, 0 offense, and underwhelming defense (imo)

Reactions: tgo0

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
He's 2nd pair on Canadians .. 3rd on most teams out there .. 2nd right now .. late first at the dradline. With a B prospect going back ..
So 2nd pair on a finals team? You know Chiariot was playing top pair on the jets run a few years ago. I get he’s a hab and we need to pretend he has no value but gms won’t see it that way

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
So 2nd pair on a finals team? You know Chiariot was playing top pair on the jets run a few years ago. I get he’s a hab and we need to pretend he has no value but gms won’t see it that way

I would say another way to look at it is he is second pair on a 1w-6L team as well. Lets not get crazy here he played with Weber on that pairing. Its not like he single handedly dragged the Habs to the finals.

Reactions: tgo0

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Big, physical, defensively reliable LHD? I want him in Florida. I was impressed with his playoff performance last year despite knowing nothing about him.

How's his skating/mobility?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Right before the Deadline for a first. Perfect second pairing DD for the playoff. Clear the front net and back of the net really well and one of the best in the league for clearing front net presence.
Yeah, when he's there and not out of position chasing around the puck carrier, and when he's not taking penalties

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Big, physical, defensively reliable LHD? I want him in Florida. I was impressed with his playoff performance last year despite knowing nothing about him.

How's his skating/mobility?
He can skate just fine to a point it's almost a problem because once every few games he will think he's Bobby Orr and try to deke the puck into the zone by himself

Other than that I like him a lot. Much better than Savard IMO.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
2nd is most likely the minimum, I think it's realistic to hope for a late 1st at the deadline. His deal is expiring+cheap (could even retain), he's shown he can have success in the playoffs playing against the other teams best players, defends teamates and plays physical.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
A 2nd rounder is the minimum here. He's actually better than David Savard, who fetched a first (with huge retention) last, and the Canadiens will absolutely retain here.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Of course all the Habs fans think he'll get a 1st

If my team dealt a 1st round pick for Chiarot I'd be livid. 30 years old, 0 offense, and underwhelming defense (imo)

Again : he's better than Savard, who fetched a first. Marginally better, but still better. And of course the Habs will absolutely retain, why wouldn't they?

(I'm not saying he's worth a first : I'm saying he'll fetch a first or the equivalent.)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
A lot of people are getting offended at the suggestion that he'd fetch a first at the deadline, don't seem to grasp that GMs have been known to overpay big time around TDL.

Is he worth a 1st? Nope. Would he land a 1st? Very possibly.

Will it happen? No - since Habs are making the playoffs and winning the cup this year. But that's a bit off topic..

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad