Behind the scenes in the Oilers locker room immediately after losing game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well, that's what it looks like when an arrogant team acts as though the cup was theirs to lose, and then gets reminded that other teams actually have a say in the matter. Good to see them get humbled so... and same with that fanbase.
Lol humbled. 99.9% of the Oilers fans cockiness, predictions, belief in their team was proven during the 2024 playoff run until the final game. I don’t care or remember what some Nucks fan take was during the playoffs, but but I bet 99% of your hopes and beliefs and predictions went into the shitter during your playoffs. Can look right at Petey no showing and his team getting eliminated by the “cocky” Oilers for an example.

Passion and heart, throw in the smartest fanbase in the league and its easy to see why people love bandwagoning the oilers
Smartest and most passionate. And it’s not even a debate.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I know how I felt and yeah I would have to imagine they would be feeling a hell of a lot worse.
There were some guys on Florida I was happy to see win the cup so it kind of took out the sting a bit

Weird to see some fan bases laughing that will never see the playoffs for years let alone the Stanley cup final

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
that must be a process error

i have to think in 2003 with giguere, and hextall and whomever else before that, they made sure during the long handshake period that they knew who the winner was before the guys left the ice so someone could pull the winner aside and make him wait in the tunnel

because yeah, mcdavid has to be a captain there and say f*** it if they talk they talk if they fine me then it costs money
When I watched it I wondered if that voiceover was live to go along with that footage. I know the Conn Smythe winner is told in advance so he's not stuck doing something else when his name's announced so it does seem weird that it played out the way it did.

Still, live or not, you have to say, what a video.

1723227165596.png

John Garretts KD

Aug 4, 2024
Lol humbled. 99.9% of the Oilers fans cockiness, predictions, belief in their team was proven during the 2024 playoff run until the final game. I don’t care or remember what some Nucks fan take was during the playoffs, but but I bet 99% of your hopes and beliefs and predictions went into the shitter during your playoffs. Can look right at Petey no showing and his team getting eliminated by the “cocky” Oilers for an example.

Smartest and most passionate. And it’s not even a debate.
Yes it was “proven” until the most important game possible, where the Oilers choked. Great argument there.

It was “Cup or bust” according to the Oilers, and they chose bust. LOL

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes it was “proven” until the most important game possible, where the Oilers choked. Great argument there.

It was “Cup or bust” according to the Oilers, and they chose bust. LOL
It’s not an argument. It’s a statement of fact. Oilers fans right through 99% of playoffs, Oilers haters and morons wrong through 99% of playoffs. Simply just a matter of fact.

John Garretts KD

Aug 4, 2024
It’s not an argument. It’s a statement of fact. Oilers fans right through 99% of playoffs, Oilers haters and morons wrong through 99% of playoffs. Simply just a matter of fact.
Well, you don’t seem to understand how percentages work (25/26 games played or 15/16 wins needed does not equal 99%), so there goes your “smartest fan base” argument.

Oilers choked the Cup game, no offence from their big guns. Was funny to watch for the rest of us though, no idea where your cockiness is coming from. Just seems embarrassing at this point lol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well, you don’t seem to understand how percentages work (25/26 games played or 15/16 wins needed does not equal 99%), so there goes your “smartest fan base” argument.

Oilers choked the Cup game, no offence from their big guns. Was funny to watch for the rest of us though, no idea where your cockiness is coming from. Just seems embarrassing at this point lol
No one smart is going to waste their time doing the actual calculation when 99% was implied to mean “most of it” and not actually be a mathematical equation. Nice “gotcha”, got any more? Did I make a typo yet that you can jump and parade around thinking you are smart?

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
He was injured all season and could barely shoot the puck.

Yeah, I get he was unhealthy but I don't think he could've performed much better than he did this year in the playoffs.

Regular season for sure though, which could've given the Oilers home ice throughout the playoffs + home ice for game 7 of the Cup Finals

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
That look on their faces is why they lost, they are defeated, mentally weak. Never going anywhere with that core.
I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but dude, they were defeated. That look on their faces was because they lost. What exactly about what you watched equated to mental weakness? Sadness?

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad