Bedard rookie predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Now that the draft is over and free agency has settled down and we have a better idea of who his line mates are going to be, how do you expect Bedard to produce this season?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
30+ goals
30+ assists

I dont expect kid to come in and carry a horrible team nor dominate league. I think he will be productive and show more and more of his talent/potential as season goes along and he gets into comfort zone

Media/People putting expectations of a dominant leap to NHL are only putting more pressure on kid and setting him up to be criticized for those over expectations.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
I expect in the region of 40-50 goals and 90-100 points. That would put him as a top 20-10 scorer in the league. Matthews was 20th in points with 69 and 2nd in goals with 40 as a rookie. 2nd in goals this season would be 62 goals and 20th in points would've been 88. I don't think Bedard is hitting 60 as a rookie even though I think Bedard is better than Matthews as a prospect. People are not used to the high scoring environment yet so the numbers I'm putting out might sound unreasonable but I don't think they are.

Last edited:

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
30+ goals
30+ assists

I dont expect kid to come in and carry a horrible team nor dominate league. I think he will be productive and show more and more of his talent/potential as season goes along and he gets into comfort zone

Media/People putting expectations of a dominant leap to NHL are only putting more pressure on kid and setting him up to be criticized for those over expectations.
First and last time I'll ever agree with you. xoxo

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
30+ goals, 80+ points (so, no more than 39 or 89, respectively).

Scoring is way up and he'll be force-fed primo opportunities. Probably start slow then have a second-half explosion.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I’ll give you a range that’s reasonable..
35-45 goals
45-55 assistd
80-100 points..

I think it’s obvious that Chicago brought in some vets to make sure the kid doesn’t get whacked but on talent alone I would lean towards the high end of my range and say he’ll score 100 point or come close to it!

Reactions: BlueSeal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad