Prospect Info: Beckett Sennecke

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah I'm starting to think he will too. Starting to think he should be penciled into the opening day lineup.

Could go with something like this

Killorn-Carlsson-Zegras
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Gauthier-Strome-Sennecke

Breaks in our two start young wingers lower in the lineup with a vet at center and gives us a pretty intriguing top 9 to start the season with. Fabbri takes his spot once he goes back/when he's scratched
I think it’s unlikely unless he puts on the kind of muscle that gets you drug tested this summer. No need to risk injury.

The roster is also getting a bit full for that. If Verbeek actually gets more actual NHL players even more so.

He would need to just be absolutely amazing in camp, where I think he likely does get a preseason game or two, preferably in a game without some meathead trying to get a contract by injuring someone.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Don't want to scroll through 12 pages, so please bear with me, if this has been asked beforehand:

Sennecke's ELC will slide as long as he doesn't play in the NHL, right? So, if he doesn't see NHL action in 2024-25, his contract will automatically be from 2025-26 through 2027-28, yes/no/maybe/I don't know/can you repeat the question?

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Don't want to scroll through 12 pages, so please bear with me, if this has been asked beforehand:

Sennecke's ELC will slide as long as he doesn't play in the NHL, right? So, if he doesn't see NHL action in 2024-25, his contract will automatically be from 2025-26 through 2027-28, yes/no/maybe/I don't know/can you repeat the question?
The contract will slide as long as he doesn't play in more than 9 NHL games.

Reactions: GermanRocket7

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
sennecke seeing NHL ice with that rail thin body this coming season is a terrible idea. he's going to get completely outworked and potentially injured. give him a year at least to gain muscle and fill out

At least he feels safe under Solberg's wings...

Reactions: HanSolo

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Here is Hockey Prospects' report on Sennecke. Sometimes, height makes might.

For those curious about Sennecke's goal scoring and how it improved over the season...

SenneckeD+0Splits
SeasonGamesGAPtsPPG+/-G/GP
D+0
63​
27​
41​
68​
1.08​
33​
0.43​
Oct-Jan
42​
15​
24​
39​
0.93​
16​
0.36​
Feb-Mar
21​
12​
17​
29​
1.38​
17​
0.57​
Playoffs
16​
10​
12​
22​
1.38​
9​
0.63​

That goal scoring greatly increased in the last 20 games and into the playoffs. That checks off one of the concerns that Hockey Prospects scouts were worried about in Sennecke being a top-10 pick.

The thought that Sennecke might still grow to 6'4 is crazy!

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Not sure if anyone saw but I asked someone in the WJ thread who claims to have coached Sennecke what he thought of us taking him at #3 and he said (sorry, don’t know how to link on mobile):

Love it. He’s going to be a superstar at the NHL level imo. When he’s mid 20’s and has filled out his big frame, he’s going to be scary good imo. Elite skill and creativity, has a very good shot arsenal and can score from distance or dangle 5 guys and score in tight. Has gotten much more nasty to play against as well, which is to be expected as he’s grown from 5’8 to 6’3 in two years. Skating has come a long way as well. I know even he was a bit surprised he was taken that high, but his second half and playoffs were outstanding, and he nearly doubled his production. I think he’s a guy who will be in Anaheim after one more year of junior. Could easily be a 100 point guy in oshawa this coming year. Only real knock on him for me is he has a tendency to get too cute and can make risky plays when it’s not necessary. But even that was cleaned up in his second half. Derek Laxdal was a great coach to help him develop imo. I’d be excited if I were an Anaheim fan.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not sure if anyone saw but I asked someone in the WJ thread who claims to have coached Sennecke what he thought of us taking him at #3 and he said (sorry, don’t know how to link on mobile):

Love it. He’s going to be a superstar at the NHL level imo. When he’s mid 20’s and has filled out his big frame, he’s going to be scary good imo. Elite skill and creativity, has a very good shot arsenal and can score from distance or dangle 5 guys and score in tight. Has gotten much more nasty to play against as well, which is to be expected as he’s grown from 5’8 to 6’3 in two years. Skating has come a long way as well. I know even he was a bit surprised he was taken that high, but his second half and playoffs were outstanding, and he nearly doubled his production. I think he’s a guy who will be in Anaheim after one more year of junior. Could easily be a 100 point guy in oshawa this coming year. Only real knock on him for me is he has a tendency to get too cute and can make risky plays when it’s not necessary. But even that was cleaned up in his second half. Derek Laxdal was a great coach to help him develop imo. I’d be excited if I were an Anaheim fan.
If we can get him with a shoot first mentality that would be big

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If we can get him with a shoot first mentality that would be big
I think he is going to have a healthy combination of shot/pass mentality. I definitely see the creativity he uses in both scoring and passing. That can be an elite combo like you see with Kucherov.

Reactions: Vipers31

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I think he is going to have a healthy combination of shot/pass mentality. I definitely see the creativity he uses in both scoring and passing. That can be an elite combo like you see with Kucherov.
Yeah, I don’t think „shoot first“ is a reasonable expectation for him. He’s already a guy who’s comfortable in his vision and reads of the opposition, so he’s most likely always going to be weighing his options and see if a defender is in a position to defend against a deke. And that’s entirely fine, as long as he develops his reads at the next level. You really don’t want a guy like that to focus too much on one thing when it’s the package that makes him as intriguing and potentially as hard to defend as he is or can be.

Reactions: JAHV

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So in his physical prime around 25 he could be Rick Nash with more playmaking ability in his game. Can easily see why Columbus table at the draft!! looked pissed off after the Ducks picked him. Rick Nash was a great skater despite being 6'4. Sennecke already has great skating.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
He's gonna play in the NHL and he's an elite goal scorer with smooth skating but I'm just as shocked as the player. There are gonna be much better players drafted after him. 0% chance he's the 3rd best player in this draft. Watching the OHL Sennecke was good but nowhere near dominant enough to justify a 3rd overall as a winger. He was helped a lot by playing with two vets as well. Compare that to Marek Vanacker who put an entire team on his back I just have to say that Vanacker was way more dominant despite playing on a worse team and without two elite vets on his line. Vanacker may not even go in the 1st round.
It's about upside. Vanacker might be a better OHL player right now (he also might not be, Sennecke might've been the best player in the entire OHL playoffs). But Sennecke's upside blows Vanacker's, and most others, out of the water, which is why he went so high.

A Sennecke update for Ducks fans, after getting hurt @ Canada World Junior camp, he's just about healed now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad