OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Yeah, Jackson would be elite at flag football. Tackle football? Not so much. Raven fans will learn soon enough that Eddie has negative interest in contact. Kind of a problem for a football player.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Raven fans talking about how amazing this move is haven't watched Jackson I take it

They seem to believe they are getting guy first couple seasons years ago not the guy who can't cover and wont tackle that Bear fans have had to watch for last 4
There was a reason why Eddie Jackson was still available this late into the offseason. If Ravens fans think they are getting eddie from a few years ago, oh boy are they going to be disappointed. ATP in Eddie's career he is more of a backup than a starter.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
With Ogbah's signing with Miami, it's probably safe to say that the D-line will live and die with the effectiveness of Dexter Sr. If he can secure that 3T role, Walker can kick out to the edge full-time, and the line looks fine if not top notch. Eberflus experimented some with putting Dexter on the edge and kicking Walker in for obvious passing downs last season, which I think largely worked out. Still, I think it's preferable if Dexter is a good enough 3T that he sticks there on passing downs.

Ngakoue remains unsigned, for good reason IMO. Team has been talking up Jacob Martin, so I think it's more likely they stick with him and Booker as edge 3/4 than that they bring back Ngakoue who might have been the worst edge in the league last year.

Training camp seems to be progressing. Players are in the best shape of their life and the team will go 17-0 next year.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Training camp seems to be progressing. Players are in the best shape of their life and the team will go 17-0 next year.
I hear Caleb is "really commanding the huddle" this week. Super Bowl?
I mean, I haven't heard of any other QB in the league commanding the huddle this week.* So that seems like a reasonable expectation to me.

*caveat: I haven't heard any news about any other team.
1721798749832.gif

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I mean, I haven't heard of any other QB in the league commanding the huddle this week.* So that seems like a reasonable expectation to me.

*caveat: I haven't heard any news about any other team.
You're probably aware but.......other teams are just beginning to report to their camp. Bears and Texans(?) got a one week head start because of HOF game. The Daniels, Maye, Nix, Levis, Richardson, Young, etc hype trains should start soon.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
First day of padded practice in training camp. Reports say defense won the day. Offense rebounded a bit toward the end.

Dexter had 0 TFL all last season. He supposedly lost some weight and gained some lean mass over the summer. He needs to have a big season.

Tyler Scott's name keeps popping up in training camp.

Fields puts his head down and runs on that play, guaranteed.

Reactions: hawksrule

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Holy cow, I know QBs have to get paid in today's NFL, but Miami and Green Bay? Sheesh...
That's the market for QBs. The cap is $255 mill for 2024. It was $208 mill in 2022. That's a jump of like 23% or something. So, an AAV of $40 mill in 2022 is now like $49 mill.

Means that if Caleb can perform just well, he's going to get a monster contract come 2027 off-season when he's eligible. So, have to make traction over the next 3 seasons when you can afford the rest of the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad