OT: Bears & NFL Talk 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Not sure why you are even arguing it BWC. They aren't bringing him back, especially with Phillips comments on him. I would be beyond stunned.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Mitch is a f***ing joke

He has had more then enough chances

Bringing him back is a slap in face to fans after we were already slapped in face by organization with retainment of Pace and Nagy
I'm not arguing that, but all of those guys you listed are also f***ing jokes.
Raise your standards dude. (that goes for Cutler too)

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'm not arguing that, but all of those guys you listed are also f***ing jokes.
Raise your standards dude. (that goes for Cutler too)
That sounds weird coming from the guy that wanted the Bears to give up a first for one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year.

I'd be cool with signing a stopgap 1-2 year QB like Fitzpatrick or Smith, then using the first rounder to draft QB of the future. They probably would need to move up from #20 though.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
FA QB's
Jacoby Brissett
Ryan Fitzpatrick
C.J. Beathard
Nick Mullens
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
Tyrod Taylor
Andy Dalton
Brandon Allen
Kyle Allen

There are several clear upgrades and at end of day there is no f***ing reason to continue the Mitch mistake

Brissett , Beathard , Mullens or Allen (Kyle) are guys I would be interested in as stop gap #1 until next GM comes in to draft a QB

All are relatively young

Allen turns 25 in a couple days
Mullens turns 26 in a couple weeks
Beathard is 27
Brissett is 28

So if they come in and do well you could have someone that potentially can be #1 for a while

I don't know if most of those dudes are clear upgrades, a few are just over the hill at this point and some could be an upgrade. I love Fitz for his attitude and the beard, willingness to air it out, and the fact he won't cost much but you will get a ton of INT's or Nagy will neuter him. Check that, I think he's still under contract? I also like Allen and Taylor but I don't think the Bears should trade for any of them. Try to sign one that a team releases and draft a QB. I thought Brissett was going to be decent but Indy benched him for an aging Rivers and then traded for Wentz, that tells you something. Who is likely to be a FA from that list, I would start there.

Without Robinson most of these QB's will be challenged in Chicago.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That sounds weird coming from the guy that wanted the Bears to give up a first for one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year.

I'd be cool with signing a stopgap 1-2 year QB like Fitzpatrick or Smith, then using the first rounder to draft QB of the future. They probably would need to move up from #20 though.
That depends on what you think of Wentz. If you think he's the guy from 2020? Then nobody should want him.

I was of the belief that Wentz's 2020 was the anomaly, and that his 2018-19 was more of what you'd get out of him. If that's the case, then the Colts got a steal. Is Wentz a franchise QB? No. But if he's the guy from 2018-19 he's a tier 2 guy which is good enough for the Bears.

I'd rather give up 3 1st rounders for Watson than trade 2 to move up in the draft and grab a QB. (because that's what it's going to cost) I don't trust Pace at all to evaluate QBs.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That depends on what you think of Wentz. If you think he's the guy from 2020? Then nobody should want him.

I was of the belief that Wentz's 2020 was the anomaly, and that his 2018-19 was more of what you'd get out of him. If that's the case, then the Colts got a steal. Is Wentz a franchise QB? No. But if he's the guy from 2018-19 he's a tier 2 guy which is good enough for the Bears.

I'd rather give up 3 1st rounders for Watson than trade 2 to move up in the draft and grab a QB. (because that's what it's going to cost) I don't trust Pace at all to evaluate QBs.
People say that last thing like there's an option other than Mac Jones, people by now certainly have plenty evaluations of him. Apparently he was horribly inaccurate in numbers though I don't know if he ran a spread vs nfl 989 deep ball system which makes a big difference there.

If they did draft some 3rs round or later Qb that's a Longshot no matter who is drafting.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
People say that last thing like there's an option other than Mac Jones, people by now certainly have plenty evaluations of him. Apparently he was horribly inaccurate in numbers though I don't know if he ran a spread vs nfl 989 deep ball system which makes a big difference there.

If they did draft some 3rs round or later Qb that's a Longshot no matter who is drafting.
5 QBs could go in the top 12 for the first time since 1999. They're not moving from 20 to 12 without giving up the 2022 1st rounder. Would you do that for Mac Jones? I wouldn't in a million years.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
5 QBs could go in the top 12 for the first time since 1999. They're not moving from 20 to 12 without giving up the 2020 1st rounder. Would you do that for Mac Jones? I wouldn't in a million years.

I'm not sure that's an indicator of how good the QBs are, or an indicator of how bad the QBs in the NFL are, and the fact that everyone is looking for a QB...

At some point here, something is going to have to give at the QB position. Either colleges are going to need to develop better QBs, or the NFL is going to have to adjust.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'm not sure that's an indicator of how good the QBs are, or an indicator of how bad the QBs in the NFL are, and the fact that everyone is looking for a QB...

At some point here, something is going to have to give at the QB position. Either colleges are going to need to develop better QBs, or the NFL is going to have to adjust.
NFL is already adjusting. Running more and more of college type offenses.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I wonder if there would be a market to move a big name on defense. It could create some cap room (they need to tilt the cap allocation a bit more towards the offense), and bring back a pick or picks to use towards a trade for Wilson or Watson.

I would prefer Wilson over Watson, if the Bears consider sending 2-3 1st's for a big name QB. He is older and has a lot more miles. But he's also a better QB, has won a championship, and seemingly wants to be here.

Oh and I don't think it's likely the 5th QB is taken by 12. More likely the 5th QB goes in the 15-20 range. If something like that does happen though, then you call an audible on that plan.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I don't know if most of those dudes are clear upgrades, a few are just over the hill at this point and some could be an upgrade. I love Fitz for his attitude and the beard, willingness to air it out, and the fact he won't cost much but you will get a ton of INT's or Nagy will neuter him. Check that, I think he's still under contract? I also like Allen and Taylor but I don't think the Bears should trade for any of them. Try to sign one that a team releases and draft a QB. I thought Brissett was going to be decent but Indy benched him for an aging Rivers and then traded for Wentz, that tells you something. Who is likely to be a FA from that list, I would start there.

Without Robinson most of these QB's will be challenged in Chicago.

In 2019, Brissett started the season and went 5-2. He also played well enough to get a lead in Pittsburgh in game #8 before getting injured and then the team spiraled since Hoyer took over at QB. They saw enough of Brissett to want to seek other options, but as a starter he wasn't a colossal failure, just someone with a limited ceiling. He could go 11-5 in a full season as a QB--he led the team to a win over Mahomes in KC. At this point in his career, there probably is no developing or upward trajectory.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It'll definitely not be "Foles and a rookie." There seems to be a lot of smoke of Wilson wanting Chicago, so my hopes of getting Wilson is improving incrementally.
I won't believe either Wilson or Watson is getting traded until it happens. Until the announcement of a trade, I'm assuming both guys are staying put.

For either Seattle or Houston to trade their QB would be franchise suicide. If I'm the owner I tell them to f*** off until they're ready to play. Wilson is under contract for 3 years and Watson for 5, so they don't really have that much leverage to force a trade. If I'm the owner, I take the stance that if I can't have my guy, nobody can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

gach

Aug 2, 2018
I heard that Wilson wants a say in offensive player and play decisions to stay in Seattle which would be an easy okay from Seahawk coaches and management one would think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad