OT: Bears & NFL Talk 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
They would be if Brees is actually going to retire. I think he will but until he makes that decision, Saints are stuck in a hold pattern at the QB position.

-------

Don't want Carr unless Wilson is not being traded. If Wilson is available, you make it happen, period. His my favorite QB option this off-season by far, even more so than Watson. I know there are reports out there that says the Bears are being "persistent" in pursuit of Wilson. So if Wilson is traded and not a Bear, I will be disappointed. Derek Carr needs to be plan D-Z after Wilson and Watson.

I don't think either Wilson or Watson get traded. Franchise QBs are too important to NFL teams, and they'd rather nobody have those guys than give them up. Franchise QBs don't change teams until they're old, finished, or both.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't give up a 1st for Carr. Hard pass. And if the Bears are taking him to facilitate LV getting Russ I'd want something for our troubles (or basically take him for free).

Reactions: Giovi

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Wilson has like 32 million in dead cap if he's traded prior to Jun 1st, no way it's happening with the Bears that have zero to give back. After June it's like 6 but I don't see Seattle moving him. Pace screwed the Bears for any opportunities at all these QB's by trading away assets all these years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wouldn't give up a 1st for Carr. Hard pass. And if the Bears are taking him to facilitate LV getting Russ I'd want something for our troubles (or basically take him for free).

Carr has two years left on his deal

I wouldn't give up a 1st but if Raiders would take say 2nd + 4th would be thrilled to take on Carr

If Raiders moved Carr it would be to make room for Watson or Wilson ,, Maybe get a three way deal

Watson or Wilson to Oak
Carr to Chi
Bears picks + Raiders assets to Houston or Seattle

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not interest whatsoever in Carr. How much of an upgrade is he really? We still have no chance at a SB with him so I’d rather use that pick towards rebuilding the offensive line or on defense even

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Enough of the shenanigans. We have our QB of the future.

569F9D00-30AE-4CEC-B0AC-ADDCE7CE45B0.jpeg

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
NFLPA asking player agents to collude in contract negotiations.
It seems it is ilegal at the NFL corporate/team level but not among the players or agents? ‍♂️♂️♂️

Thoughts?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Washington releases Alex Smith
Not even big on smith but this seems like it has to be the type of move to make right? Sign Smith and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd. I saw some mocks hopeful that Mac Jones could be had in the 2nd, idk about him at all but a potential is there.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Not even big on smith but this seems like it has to be the type of move to make right? Sign Smith and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd. I saw some mocks hopeful that Mac Jones could be had in the 2nd, idk about him at all but a potential is there.
Makes sense as a placeholder only

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I don’t really have a whole lot of interest in Alex Smith. He’ll be 37 next season and isn’t exactly reliable. No chance Mac Jones lasts until the second round and especially no chance he lasts until our second round pick.

Recipe for disaster to sign Smith, he eventually gets injured, and then you potentially start a rookie who isn’t ready.

Reactions: ClydeLee

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I don’t really have a whole lot of interest in Alex Smith. He’ll be 37 next season and isn’t exactly reliable. No chance Mac Jones lasts until the second round and especially no chance he lasts until our second round pick.

Recipe for disaster to sign Smith, he eventually gets injured, and then you potentially start a rookie who isn’t ready.

If you were taking about a QB like Newman or Lance, I'd agree with you but I think Mac is a different story. I'm not saying Mac would hit the ground running as a starter but I don't think he would wet the bed either. I would be ok with Smith/Jones as the QB next year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Good

Skrine was awful all year

Would have rather had a practice squad CB playing in that slot this past year over Skrine
This is an odd statement when he was replaced by CBs who were definitely worse.

When Shelley and Such played nickel they were even worse. They definitely needed to move on but need to find a legit option for nickel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad