OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I actually do trust Poles. I think he'll make the tough decisions if he feels the staff isn't it. I think it was a huge mistake to not fire him. He wasn't the guy. If you brought Justin back, yeah then I could have seen keeping him for another year. We were resetting the whole thing and you thought.. YEAH we GOTTA have this guy. That was just a huge mistake.

Reactions: hawksrule

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I been playing catchup on a lot of the tape for the Bears this year.

1) Sweat hasn't been nearly as effective as last year. He is getting chipped/doubled a lot but a lot of the times the chip is beating him so cleanly.
2) Dexter has been good/great
3) I think the secondary has been lucky. AR15 sucks, but Stroud could have had a massive day if his receivers could just catch. There were guys running open all over the place. We all know Levis sucks.
4) I'm not sure what's going on with DJ Moore. Maybe he is injured but his routes look lazy and he isn't finishing plays. Very uncharacteristic for him. On the Rome pick, his lack of effort allows the corner to drive and make a play.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Can’t wait until this clown gets f***ing canned. He’s here to make plays. He hit him in the hands and it was unlucky. That’s it. No one says anything about other QBs taking shots to top WRs. Shut up.
Flus isn't gone unless this season is a total disaster, which I believe will not happen. My guess is Flus is still HC in 2025.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Flus isn't gone unless this season is a total disaster, which I believe will not happen. My guess is Flus is still HC in 2025.

Yea you can't bail at this point. Bears can't do what they've done time and time again in the past and have another coach and offensive coordinator in a rookie QB's first couple of years. You allow Caleb to grow in the system and you hope he is enough to make Flus tolerable as a coach (alot of good QBs have saved coaches jobs many times in the NFL)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yea you can't bail at this point. Bears can't do what they've done time and time again in the past and have another coach and offensive coordinator in a rookie QB's first couple of years. You allow Caleb to grow in the system and you hope he is enough to make Flus tolerable as a coach (alot of good QBs have saved coaches jobs many times in the NFL)
You can certainly bail. It would be fixing the mistake of not firing him last year. I don't like having Caleb go through this carrousel either but if Flus and Waldron are bad, which Flus I already have the answer to, Waldron its EARLY.. but IF they are bad, then keeping them or the sake of continuity is also dumb.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
You can certainly bail. It would be fixing the mistake of not firing him last year. I don't like having Caleb go through this carrousel either but if Flus and Waldron are bad, which Flus I already have the answer to, Waldron its EARLY.. but IF they are bad, then keeping them or the sake of continuity is also dumb.

So you want another Justin Fields situation? Mitch Trubisky? Hell even Jay Cutler? This is exactly what the Bears do and fans always wonder why they can never develop a QB in this city.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
So you want another Justin Fields situation? Mitch Trubisky? Hell even Jay Cutler? This is exactly what the Bears do and fans always wonder why they can never develop a QB in this city.
Justin Fields.. who I don't even like, is 3-0 and playing some .. decent football in Pittsburgh with a real coaching staff. Trubisky sucks. Malik Willis just won two games...!!!! You either have a coach or you don't. We don't.

I don't really care for continuity if the continuity we have is bad.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Justin Fields.. who I don't even like, is 3-0 and playing some .. decent football in Pittsburgh with a real coaching staff. Trubisky sucks. Malik Willis just won two games...!!!! You either have a coach or you don't. We don't.

I don't really care for continuity if the continuity we have is bad.

It's 3 and 2 games. Extreme small sample sizes for both teams. Just like people freaking out over Caleb over 3 games which I don't understand why at all. But meatball Bears fans will always freak out over the QB no matter the context.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It's 3 and 2 games. Extreme small sample sizes for both teams. Just like people freaking out over Caleb over 3 games which I don't understand why at all. But meatball Bears fans will always freak out over the QB no matter the context.
I said its early in my post. I'm saying IF Waldron is bad, then I don't care to just keep them for the sake of continuity. We already know Flus is a bad HC. He can call a decent defensive game. He's a good DC. Everything else is a whole lotta meh. Certainly the worst coaching staff in the NFC North.

Freaking out over Caleb is dumb. The guy is good.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
“The only way you continue to get better. You learn from your mistakes, and you continue to attack it,” Ryans said. “And that’s how I want C.J. to approach the game. I want him to approach the game with an ‘attack first’ mindset, and we’re not going to hold back just because he made mistakes.

A quote from DeMeco Ryans when Stroud threw a pick in a bad spot last year. See the difference? Yeah. I DO.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Daniels only has 2 incompletions tonite. He’s been absolutely outstanding.

But again. A better line and Kingsbury

Side note: Zach Taylor will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season. Bengals 0-3. Statistically speaking, they basically have no chance to make the playoffs. Ouch

He needed an entire o line.
Wash OL is:
Coleman - OT round 3 in 2024
Allegretti - OG round 7 in 2019 (signed in 2024 from KC)
Bladasz - C round 4 in 2020 (signed in 2024 from DAL)
Cosmi - OG round 2 in 2021
Wylie - OT undrafted in 2017 bounced around on PS until signing with KC in 2018. Signed in 2023

So, 2 drafted guys in rounds 2 and 3. And 2 recent 2024 free agent signings and 1 from 2023 is how they formed their starting OL.

Compared to the Bears OL. Bears drafted their OT who have been ok/fine. IOL is the weak link. Jenkins was drafted by Chicago. Davis and Shelton were free agent signings by Pace.

Wash not exactly the Dallas trio of Frederick, Martin, and Smith (all 1st rounders). But, have the right mix and coaching.

Agreed with Taylor. He's gone if they miss the PO. But, it's such a cheap organization that isn't maximizing Burrow.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Then you run the risk of getting into the "old" Detroit Lions loop, which the Bears are dangerously close to entering. Flus has shown more than enough, at least from a defensively standpoint, to keep his job, the issue is offense. I still believe Waldron will get it fixed but patience is needed as well as lowering the season expectations. I fully believe by W8, the fan base nerves will be calmed and the Bears are playing good football. Just have to get to that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad