OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Lol man. If only we all knew that Eberflus was a f***ing clown LAST year. Now we are here.. again. He's hired a meh OC again, wooo hoooo.
The offensive coaching has really never been worse. Several of us wanted Eberflus canned last season. He's not a head coach. He's a glorified defensive coordinator, masquerading as one(story of my life for the Bears, honestly). He clearly has no clue about the offensive side of the ball. The schemes and play calling is probably worse than it was under Getsy. Their offensive line is trash, and they continue to run plays that require a line they just don't have. All these pitches to the outside. All these passing plays that require several seconds of a clean pocket for routes to develop. More garbage screens. Not enough quick passing. Not enough power running plays. You have arguably a great receiving corps when including Kmet, and guys are never open? Why? Swift continues to get most of the snaps, even though Herbert and Johnson have shown themselves to be much more effective running backs....

This organization is just a joke. They're going to waste another high draft pick QB because they just can't hire the right offensive coaching, or build an offensive line.

Caleb Williams will waste his rookie season with an OC and coaching staff that probably isn't here next season.

Reactions: GIADF

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
GYHGRQqWkAACAZU.jpeg

This is your offensive line. The sooner you realize you can't run idiotic plays like this, the sooner this team stops losing. Four assholes on the ground, five Colts in the backfield. Just f***ing lol.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
View attachment 908836
This is your offensive line. The sooner you realize you can't run idiotic plays like this, the sooner this team stops losing. Four assholes on the ground, five Colts in the backfield. Just f***ing lol.
Coulda been blocked perfectly and they still would have had two guys on the edge ready for it. Just a dumb play on 4th and inches.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You have arguably a great receiving corps when including Kmet, and guys are never open?

Disagree vehemently with this claim

We have seen WR's open these first 3 games the problem is Williams has badly overthrown/underthrown them or outright is not on same page

All these WR's and other offensive players aren't to blame for Williams struggles to seemingly process game at NFL level and confusion

He is a rookie so naturally there will be issues, but no one can deny there are worrying things he has shown thus far and ring back to some critics of his NCAA years and in leadup to draft

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Disagree vehemently with this claim

We have seen WR's open these first 3 games the problem is Williams has badly overthrown/underthrown them or outright is not on same page

All these WR's and other offensive players aren't to blame for Williams struggles to seemingly process game at NFL level and confusion

He is a rookie so naturally there will be issues, but no one can deny there are worrying things he has shown thus far and ring back to some critics of his NCAA years and in leadup to draft
The primary criticism in college was holding the ball too long and playing hero ball, ostensibly because he didn't have the ability to play in structure. We haven't really seen that at all so far. Accuracy and miscommunication are early concerns to be sure but neither is a processing issue or an indictment on his ability to make plays from the pocket.

Like his 4th quarter last night was a better display of stringing quick and accurate reads together than I can remember either of the last two guys doing in three years apiece. There's good stuff to go with the concerns.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Williams has a lot to work on, but yesterday's performance is the most any QB has thrown for in a single game so far this year and he played really well in the 4th Q. That's more yards than Fields ever threw for in a single game as a Bear, who only threw for 300+ yards once in 40 games as a Bear.

Bears play The Rams so far only have 4 sacks on the season (only 4 teams have less) and are giving up 425 yards per game so far.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A lot of his yards can kind of be waived by the flukiness of the hail mary attempt, but Williams definitely showed improvement this week. Very good sign. I'd say that not taking steps forward by weeks 4-6 would be grounds for concern, but first step thankfully made.

I'd say his internal timing is his biggest area that needs to be addressed. His overthrow problems seem to me like his head's still racing and, as a result, his timing is a second or so slower than reality.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
A lot of his yards can kind of be waived by the flukiness of the hail mary attempt, but Williams definitely showed improvement this week. Very good sign. I'd say that not taking steps forward by weeks 4-6 would be grounds for concern, but first step thankfully made.

I'd say his internal timing is his biggest area that needs to be addressed. His overthrow problems seem to me like his head's still racing and, as a result, his timing is a second or so slower than reality.
It's his first season, with a total imbecile for an offensive coordinator, and a dogshit offensive line. I'd say not taking steps forward by season 2 weeks 4-6 would be grounds for concern. The fact that he's taking steps forward in this situation should make people feel really good about him...

Reactions: Giovi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad