OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The spread was six and they lost by six. Again, who cares. If it makes you feel better about the offensive line and Caleb missing open receivers all night, good for you.

Caleb Williams was 23 for 37, saying he was missing open receivers all night isn’t true. Stroud was 23 for 36 for comparison. The o line was terrible though. The fact that swift is averaging 2 yards per carry over 2 games is horrific. You can’t win like that

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
I don’t remember the Bears ever having an amazing o-line, maybe 2005-2007, but after that, definitely not. It’d be nice if the former o-line GM could take it seriously.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
2 things might have swung the game in our favor:

1. Khalil Herbert. Period
2. Sticking with the short to medium passing game THAT WAS FRICKEN WORKING FOR YOU!!! Why stray from that? When you can establish that THEN it'll back up the defense for those bigger attempts.

I am very happy with the Bears defense. They're only going to gel together more during the season.

Reactions: Pez68

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Stoppable force meets movable object for running game next Sunday. The Colts have allowed almost 500 yards on the ground through their first two games. The Bears have rushed for 155 yards through their first two games, 59 of which came from the QB.

Have to be a get-right game.

Reactions: hawksrule

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Buckner and Latu might be out as well. In that case, the Colts will have little pass rush and little run D. Well matched up against the Bears lack of pass pro and run O.

What's going on with Teven Jenkins? I'd argue that up until the final Packers game last season, he had been really good when not injured. He has been dreadful so far. Which is a problem, cause the Bears weren't supposed to be looking for 3 new O-linemen next season.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Caleb Williams was 23 for 37, saying he was missing open receivers all night isn’t true. Stroud was 23 for 36 for comparison. The o line was terrible though. The fact that swift is averaging 2 yards per carry over 2 games is horrific. You can’t win like that
He wasn't in the same area code as his receiver's on some throws. Not a Bears fan but I'd be worried.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Eberflus, Waldron, OL coach need to sit down and figure out how to run the Offence. Through 2 games, can't trust the IOL, so have to get the ball out. But, even with that, a couple of quick play designs, Caleb didn't pull the trigger.
Either sacrifice a back or TE for extra protection or have more quick throws for Caleb.

Reactions: Pez68

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Dexter has been a monster so far. A bit under the radar, but a real bright spot. Playing like a pro-bowler.
If he continues like this, that would be massive. It would really mean that all the defense is missing is a second edge rusher of higher quality than Walker.
I would’ve liked to see roschown carry the ball last night
I just want them to run downhill. The slow developing plays to the outside have been killers in both games.

Well, don't leave us hanging, Tanis. How did they do in that one play where they didn't allow a pressure?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
PFF pass blocking grades:

69.3 Braxton Jones
61.5 Nate Davis
59.8 Tevin Jenkins
56.7 Coleman Shelton
39.0 Darnell Wright

Not shocked to be honest. Darnell has been absolutely terrible since the start of camp.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

69.3 Braxton Jones
61.5 Nate Davis
59.8 Tevin Jenkins
56.7 Coleman Shelton
39.0 Darnell Wright

Not shocked to be honest. Darnell has been absolutely terrible since the start of camp.
Hey, at least Braxton keeps playing consistently fine/good, while getting absolutely no respect.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

69.3 Braxton Jones
61.5 Nate Davis
59.8 Tevin Jenkins
56.7 Coleman Shelton
39.0 Darnell Wright

He gave up 0 pressures on 35 drop backs in week 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad