OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
With this logic, why play good teams?

There were many saying ol Caleb was a generational talent here. Where in two games has anybody seen traces of generational play?

Outside of the defense, i mean, by Caleb?

Yes, because Fields should go back to the team that gave up on him for a generational bust?

I said the entire time, Caleb Williams was just a guy, not the guy. And so far, I'm being proven correct. He ain't Fields who can actually improvise with a horrible oline, and he surely isn't Stroud who was a day one difference maker.

If your QB does enough to win, he's a winner.

Would you rather a QB throws for 300 and loses?

Or 100 yards and wins?
Was Tim Tebow a good QB?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
With this logic, why play good teams?

There were many saying ol Caleb was a generational talent here. Where in two games has anybody seen traces of generational play?

Outside of the defense, i mean, by Caleb?

Yes, because Fields should go back to the team that gave up on him for a generational bust?

I said the entire time, Caleb Williams was just a guy, not the guy. And so far, I'm being proven correct. He ain't Fields who can actually improvise with a horrible oline, and he surely isn't Stroud who was a day one difference maker.

If your QB does enough to win, he's a winner.

Would you rather a QB throws for 300 and loses?

Or 100 yards and wins?
Yeah, I'm gonna take the advise of the other poster and not waste my time here.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You have an opinion of yourself that is not in line with reality.
Says the guy who criticized a rookie QB, in game 2 of his career, with the worst offensive line in football, missing deep balls to well-covered receivers, with 4 hands in his face, or in the process of getting knocked on his ass.

Just come to grips with the fact that your understanding of sports is on par with a deaf person's understanding of sound.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Caleb threw a ton of bad balls on snaps that they had decent protection. His accuracy has been an issue and he hasn’t been sharp.

I’m not concerned about anything other than week to week progress in year 1. There was progress from 1-2. We move on.

Reactions: Pez68

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Everett is bad, and needs to not be a prominent piece of the offense when Allen gets back.

The Colts will be a test for the running game. The Texans were good at stopping the run in the first game. The Titans were good at stopping the run in the second game. Both those teams could conceivably just be good at run defense.

The Colts were bad in their first two games. If the Bears can't get going on the ground next Sunday, that would be telling.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Caleb threw a ton of bad balls on snaps that they had decent protection. His accuracy has been an issue and he hasn’t been sharp.

I’m not concerned about anything other than week to week progress in year 1. There was progress from 1-2. We move on.
Yep. Last Sunday the accuracy was bad all over. That wasn't the case today. Not sure what's going on with the deep balls, but they do need fixing.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Robbie Gould is the only guy on this post-game that isn't a doddering, clueless ass. What a terrible decision the Bears made with this crap.

Caleb will be done for the season by week 5 due to a high ankle sprain after his own center gets pancaked on top of him by a practice squad DT on a bottom 3 NFL team.
He's going to be injured by the bye-week if they don't do something.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Robbie Gould is the only guy on this post-game that isn't a doddering, clueless ass. What a terrible decision the Bears made with this crap.

He's going to be injured by the bye-week if they don't do something.
Career-altering concussions within his first 6 games if things continue the way they are.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad