OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Yep. Last Sunday the accuracy was bad all over. That wasn't the case today. Not sure what's going on with the deep balls, but they do need fixing.
It was more than lack of touch on the deep balls. He was out of sync with his receivers. It was as if he didn’t know the routes they were running.

Reactions: Pez68

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I want someone to ask Waldron what his plan is to keep Caleb alive all season behind this offensive line. Hopefully he has more than "concepts of a plan".
I didn't really pick up on where the line was leaking (which hopefully doesn't mean that it was everywhere).
My guess is rome didn’t break his route off.
He didn't even turn around to look for it. It was definitely a miscommunication.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I didn't really pick up on where the line was leaking (which hopefully doesn't mean that it was everywhere).

He didn't even turn around to look for it. It was definitely a miscommunication.
I personally think it was everywhere. He was getting nailed from left, right, and center. It was pathetic. I'm honestly surprised he didn't get hurt.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At end of day the person who needs to have attention put on him by fans/media/etc is Poles

This is his mess

It was Poles that loved this interior OL

The guys he brought in (Davis, Shelton, etc) are f***ing atrocious

We have two young T's that generally are solid (Though they have nights/days in which they look the part of still developing NFL tackles) and pure hot garbage inside

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
It wasn't Fields fault after all. Only the Bears try building their team from the outside to inside. Oline is the most important group and it's awful.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
You gotta hit open guys. Caleb didn't tonight.
I mean this is the gist of it right here. Nobody expected miracles, but after months of hearing how great he is, fawning over every great throw in practice or meaningless preseason games, you'd think he could at least cover the basics and hit open guys. He isn't.

Lots of other problems with the offense though. O-line, penalties, run game....total mess.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Because of 82% of all of the money came in on the Texans. People were expecting the game to a blowout. It wasn’t
The spread was six and they lost by six. Again, who cares. If it makes you feel better about the offensive line and Caleb missing open receivers all night, good for you.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Should just try and not overreact. He's seeing the throws to make on time, he just isn't making them. I'd argue seeing the throws is the harder part.

Progression week to week.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad