OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
In year 4, Justin Fields just passed for 117 yards earlier today. Added 27 yards running.
Well....JF won today, doesn't have the weapons ol Caleb has, and was traded for a sixth rounder.

Winnings winning, no excuse trumps winning.

Stroud was good year one.....

• Haha
Reactions: Crow

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He's not wrong lol. Given the o-line's been terrible sure, but he's had plenty of unforced errors as well.

Godlike lol. No - just would like to see some production from the offense.

Another failed drive. They'd be 0-2 were it not for the defense and ST last week.
No, he is. He has made a couple errors, sure. But the plays he has called Williams out for, like missing deep balls... every single one he's called out... he's had multiple pass rushers in his face, hitting him, and rushing him. He's the epitome of the sports guy who lacks the self-awareness to realize how little he actually knows about sports. If we were discussing his vision as a hockey player, I'd call him Stevie Wonder. He's clueless. He's the hockey parent screaming at a coach about his kids not playing enough even though they're the worst players on the team, and would be mediocre in house league.

Stat of the game

Bears running backs ran 17 times for 27 yards
We should criticize the running backs, though, and not the worst offensive line in the NFL, and arguably the worst offensive line I've seen in the last 30 years of watching NFL football.

Reactions: Fortyfives

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Haven't had a good OL since 05/06

LT - John Tait
LG - Ruben Brown
C - Olin Kreutz
RG - Roberto Garza
RT - Fred Miller

^
That was the best OL we have had in last 30 years and we wasted it with Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman at QB

For this team the T's have promise (Both young and generally solid)

The interior of OL is an absolute joke

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Classic bears football

defense is unbelievable

can't score a f***in TD

cycle of let down after let down(this is coming from a sox fan too)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Well....JF won today, doesn't have the weapons ol Caleb has, and was traded for a sixth rounder.

Winnings winning, no excuse trumps winning.

Stroud was good year one.....
Do you think there might be a difference in quality between the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans?

Stroud was great year one. Hopefully Williams gets there.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
1726458801972.png

1726459031820.png

1726459015291.png

pick your favorite

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's bad. This is, IMO, a bigger issue than the pass pro. If no one fears the run game, they can go all out on rushing the QB every play.
And they do. And, not to make excuses, but, it's hard for a QB to maintain composure and hit the deep balls when he's running for his life or getting hammered every drop back.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Do you think there might be a difference in quality between the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans?
Another excuse.

You play whos on the schedule.

Stroud was great year one. Hopefully Williams gets there.
Doubt it.

The Bears never should have given up on Fields.

Caleb ain't it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Another excuse.

You play whos on the schedule.

Doubt it.

The Bears never should have given up on Fields.

Caleb ain't it.
Yes, and sometimes whose on the schedule is a team expected to challenge for a superbowl. Sometimes the Broncos.

I mean, if you think the Bears shouldn't give up on Fields, he's a free agent in a season. Seems like a dumb idea to me.:dunno:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Anthony Herron saying that to him it looked like the oline and tight ends had no idea where to block (assignments, etc). That’s a major indictment on Waldron

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Yes, and sometimes whose on the schedule is a team expected to challenge for a superbowl. Sometimes the Broncos.
With this logic, why play good teams?

There were many saying ol Caleb was a generational talent here. Where in two games has anybody seen traces of generational play?

Outside of the defense, i mean, by Caleb?

I mean, if you think the Bears shouldn't give up on Fields, he's a free agent in a season. Seems like a dumb idea to me.:dunno:
Yes, because Fields should go back to the team that gave up on him for a generational bust?

I said the entire time, Caleb Williams was just a guy, not the guy. And so far, I'm being proven correct. He ain't Fields who can actually improvise with a horrible oline, and he surely isn't Stroud who was a day one difference maker.

If your quarterback is averageing 130 something passing yards your QB sucks. I'm not a Bears fan.
If your QB does enough to win, he's a winner.

Would you rather a QB throws for 300 and loses?

Or 100 yards and wins?

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad