Post-Game Talk: Bear (Preseason edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Did Robertson get benched in the 3rd? I barely saw him.

It was an AHL game and the Rangers won because they had the only NHL players in the lineup. Kastelic and Lohrei will like the only guys I think.

Garand, Mancini, Chytil.

Mackey and Fitzgerald arent amazing players, but they looked serviceable against this competition.

Othmann is a tough one to gauge. There's things to like. There's things to dislike.

Finally on Mancini, there is a lot to like in his game. I think he needs to get a little stronger physically or perhaps on his skates, not sure. But overall there's a lot to like and he did not seem fazed at all.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I had all of my overreactions about how this season was going to be a total fail ready to go, but I’ll save it until we lose a preseason game
Yeah but you can't count on Alex Belize to score goals for you. Sooner or later, Kakko needs to wake the f*** up. He wears an "A". Gotta get this privileged culture outta here.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Chytil looked really really good. It wasn't all that representative a Bruins team but they had 4 guys on their D who will probably play at least some with their team this year. Lohrei, Peeke and Wotherspoon all had significant time with the Bruins last year and Lohrei is going to be a very important D for them in the future. Oesterle has over 300 NHL games too. So though they didn't dress a whole lot up front.....the D guys they played gave them a pretty good defensive presence.

I also thought Cuylle looked good and Vesey was Vesey.....good on the forecheck, good on the back check. Kakko looked familiar too. A bit of the hot potato on offense but solid away from the puck. Schneider was fine.

Of the kids Mancini to me was easily our best player in the game. Not sure what happened to Robertson....I think he went missing some time in the second period. Injury? is probably the reason. He seemed to be doing fine when he was in.....and there's no reason to bench a kid in a preseason game that's meaningless as far as the standings.

Of the forward prospects Othmann was the best. Good physical game. Not all that many chances to score. He'll need to do more to make the team but he's still got a couple weeks. As far as the fight he was overmatched there. He's got a feisty game but he only really started dropping the gloves occasionally starting about 3 years ago. Wotherspoon's not fantastic at it but he's been scrapping for at least several years and he's older, bigger and stronger than Othmann. Brennan got his best chance to score in the 3rd driving the net so he didn't let the fight stop him playing his game.

Thought both Garand and Domingue played well. Mackey, Scanlin and Fitzgerald all played pretty well.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Being a fan of this team wouldn't seem familiar if a bunch of us didn't have a player or two to shit all over and scapegoat in both good and bad times and even after the first preseason game. It's not just the players gearing up for the first game of the season.....the fans in their own way are doing it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad