GDT: Battles of Alberta: Let's play 2! Both games @ 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Grush has really stepped up his physical game this preseason, he had a few bigger hits in the AHL last year, but nothing like this. More motivation? More comfortable as a pro? More comfortable on NA ice?

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Where's grushnikov, I wanna see his plays.
Oh there's grushnikov. What a hit grushnikov.
Oh... Bye grushnikov?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
qb7sDGK.png

lol what the hell are those ice times :laugh:

Reactions: Mitts and Figgy44

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Team looks fresh. Trading all the UFAs and shifting focus to restocking the cupboards has changed the vibe of the roster. It's how it should be when entering year 2 of a rebuild. Things were really ugly this time last year

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not every night you get to beat the Oilers twice :thumbu:

Obviously doesn't mean a ton but I don't think the cupboards are as bare for this team as many pundits make them out to be.
Flames might not have a franchise prospect, but their prospect pool depth is easily in the top 10 if not top 5 league-wide. There's so many players in the pool who looks to at least see some NHL games in the future. Let's hope in the next two drafts we can get at least one franchise defining prospect.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Loving Coronato and Honzek looking solid to start this preseason. What does Honzek have to do to make this team?
Assuming Honzek starts the year in the AHL (which he likely does), I wouldn't be surprised if he gets about 10-15 games in the NHL this year if he can keep up the hard work and good looks that he's shown that last few games. His biggest issue was being injured like 3/4 of last season, and the fact that he's lanky so he'll likely need another year or two to properly grow into his body and put on the right weight.

Obviously doesn't mean a ton but I don't think the cupboards are as bare for this team as many pundits make them out to be.
I never thought our cupboards were bare, especially after the trades last season. No high end guys, but we have a good amount of prospects who will likely make the NHL, even if it is in middle 6/bottom 9 roles, or bottom 4 D roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad