Low Effort GDT Battle of Ontario: Toronto (away) vs. Ottawa (home), 7 p.m. EDT, (TSN 5, TSN 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

According to Bruce, Dorion's nephew Pereon is on the Greig line.

1727187900158.png

Norris is skating with players not dressing tonight. Ullmark is being kept off ice today. Forsberg is the starter.

Go Sens Go!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and BigRig4

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Norris really is cooked
It seems like they didn't really plan on him playing too early.

That said, if he only gets 1-2 pre-season games in before the season starts, I think he's going to be behind the pack pretty fast. After a surgery like that and all the time he has missed, he really needs to get the game reps in.

Reactions: bert and BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Starting to get worried about Ullmark…

Hopefully he's in there by Sunday... so he can get some game action in 2-3 before regular season.

Based on Sogaard's play with Ottawa and his play in Belleville in the playoffs he is not close to being an answer. Let's hope Forseberg can return to pre injury form. I am hoping Merilainen can steal the net in Belleville this year.

Reactions: DrEasy and BigRig4

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It seems like they didn't really plan on him playing too early.

That said, if he only gets 1-2 pre-season games in before the season starts, I think he's going to be behind the pack pretty fast. After a surgery like that and all the time he has missed, he really needs to get the game reps in.
So far this sounds exactly like last year lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I can imagine there are a few of the Sens regulars chomping at the bit for some game action even if its preseason.

Does Stutzle's line dominate and light it up?
Does Greig's line pester the living f&*k out of their opponents or just outplay them?
Can the Big "O" say not so fast to the Jenik talk?
Does Boucher lay a big hit?
Can Guenette challenge JBD? Will either play in front of Hamonic?

Ya, I get the concern, we all have it, but it is clearly not that same happenings as last year.
Much stronger participation at practice ; should be gaining confidence in his ability to play.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I can imagine there are a few of the Sens regulars chomping at the bit for some game action even if its preseason.

Does Stutzle's line dominate and light it up?
Does Greig's line pester the living f&*k out of their opponents or just outplay them?
Can the Big "O" say not so fast to the Jenik talk?
Does Boucher lay a big hit?
Can Guenette challenge JBD? Will either play in front of Hamonic?

Much stronger participation at practice ; should be gaining confidence in his ability to play.
Will Hamonic be statistically the worse defenseman in the league.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Can we talk about

Perron-Greig-Cousins

This is going to be so fun to watch. An identity line, unreal stuff.

Hopefully he's in there by Sunday... so he can get some game action in 2-3 before regular season.

Based on Sogaard's play with Ottawa and his play in Belleville in the playoffs he is not close to being an answer. Let's hope Forseberg can return to pre injury form. I am hoping Merilainen can steal the net in Belleville this year.
I think Tokarski is going to get signed.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You know, except without the reports that he tweaked his shoulder and there was a setback, keeping him on IR, him not participating in any contact at practices, exactly the same...

If everything's fine, why are they treating him so delicately? Sounds to me like they're not sure he can hold up even in a preseason game. Not reassuring.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If everything's fine, why are they treating him so delicately? Sounds to me like they're not sure he can hold up even in a preseason game. Not reassuring.
When guys come off injuries mid season, you typically see them go through a progresive process where they increase the activity and see how the body responds before getting them into games. Sounds like they are doing that though preseason.

it's funny, when they rush guys back and they re-injure themselves, people complain that the team is incompetent and should never have put the guy out there, and when they are more cautious in getting the guy back in, we complain about that too. Can't win.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
When guys come off injuries mid season, you typically see them go through a progresive process where they increase the activity and see how the body responds before getting them into games. Sounds like they are doing that though preseason.

it's funny, when they rush guys back and they re-injure themselves, people complain that the team is incompetent and should never have put the guy out there, and when they are more cautious in getting the guy back in, we complain about that too. Can't win.
I don't think that's what people are saying. They're not asking Norris to be rushed back. They are concerned that he isn't ready to play yet and is falling behind, and they are not trusting the reports that he is "feeling good and doing well".

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think that's what people are saying. They're not asking Norris to be rushed back. They are concerned that he isn't ready to play yet and is falling behind, and they are not trusting the reports that he is "feeling good and doing well".
I'm surprised that anyone was not expecting this though. Seemed to me like it would always go this way. Ease him in. Green said he would play a preseason game, so if he doesn't, that's when I will start getting concerned and drawing parallels to last year.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
if he was being treated delicately, he wouldn't be wearing a regular jersey...he'd be wearing a yellow jersey just like all the other guys around the league wear when they are to be treated delicately in practice

Can we talk about

Perron-Greig-Cousins

This is going to be so fun to watch. An identity line, unreal stuff.

I think Tokarski is going to get signed.
i thought it was Pereon ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
the Surgeries expected timeline for return was 6 months which put him back mid Sep. He's in a contact jersey, and is being slowly introduced into full participation. I don't see it as him falling behind, but sure, people aren't trusting reports, and that's more the issue here. People don't believe what the team is telling them, and then assuming somethings wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad