Low Effort GDT Battle of Ontario: Toronto (away) vs. Ottawa (home), 7 p.m. EDT, (TSN 5, TSN 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He played almost the entirety of his career before the cap was put into place.
So what you're saying is there really is no comparison to be made here since the circumstances are to different, I agree

The thing is we moved on from a servicable player at a reasonable cap hit for the role he could fill and replaced him with a similarly serviceable player at a similar cap hit. They brought different elements to be sure, but we paid a price to simply change the mix. Its a curious choice, and while I'm not quite ready to suggest as JD1 did that there is a personality issue at play, it does raise a flag, particularly with a player that was scratched for disciplinary reasons.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So what you're saying is there really is no comparison to be made here since the circumstances are to different, I agree

I’m saying it’s a mistake to assume that there is something wrong with a player if he plays for many teams.

The thing is we moved on from a servicable player at a reasonable cap hit for the role he could fill and replaced him with a similarly serviceable player at a similar cap hit. They brought different elements to be sure, but we paid a price to simply change the mix. Its a curious choice, and while I'm not quite ready to suggest as JD1 did that there is a personality issue at play, it does raise a flag, particularly with a player that was scratched for disciplinary reasons.

It would be more compelling if the same GM who acquired him is the one that disposed of him.

Reactions: Micklebot

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Leaf fan here - ill keep my stay short LOL

How has Kulemin been doing for you guys? Haven’t looked too deep into it, is he cooked?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I’m saying it’s a mistake to assume that there is something wrong with a player if he plays for many teams.
It's not just that though, he was scratched at one point for off-ice reasons. He's probably well liked enough by his teammates, but it's not hard to infer that he might not be the most professional guy.

Ottawa specifically wanted to change the culture for the young core players by surrounding them with hard working veterans who bust their ass in practice just as hard as they do during games. They felt like that was an important piece to developing this team further and obviously they were willing to pay a small price (paying a 3rd to move Joseph) in order to allow themselves to do that.

Joseph is gone. People need to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad