Olympics: Basketball: Men's tournament

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not that it means a whole lot now, Wemby has improved and has more support around him, but Emiid went for 70 when they played during the regular season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
american nuggets fans cheering for serbia

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
This aged well
Seriously the NBA routinely has teams down 15 and then a few minutes later they're up 10 lol. The three point shooting of the NBA is uncanny and a major reason I don't watch the league. That said today I was as American as Apple Pie rooting for the US

Reactions: TaLoN

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LeBron putting over Steph big obviously but also Embiid, who finally got after Jokic on the floor.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
You don’t beat the US in basketball. You just pray they take a quarter or two off and hope you can hold on. Hell Serbia got 3 quarters of it.

Seriously though, will be weird to see the US team in 4 years. Will be a hell of a lot of turnover. Still will be more than likely a favorite but won’t have any “superstars”.

I think they need a team like that. Team does look old and slow a bunch.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If France play physical, tight defense and keep hitting their threes and shots in general, they can push the US, like Serbia did.
I think there is a chance they will. They will have the crowd behind them obviously. But I don’t think they’re as good as Serbia.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lebron is the first player with two triple doubles in olympic play. his first came in 2012

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Crazy to think Serbia had the upset in their hands and gave it away I think Serbia were the only team that could beat USA

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Seeing France in the finals for gold in basketball is weird to me. Anyone can explain how they got good othrr than them being the host country? I'm legit curious. I lso don't really follow basketball/nba much so I don't know shit, which probably makes sense Seeing France in the finals weird.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Seeing France in the finals for gold in basketball is weird to me. Anyone can explain how they got good othrr than them being the host country? I'm legit curious. I lso don't really follow basketball/nba much so I don't know shit, which probably makes sense Seeing France in the finals weird.
Wembenyama is a truly generational talent. Still young but already can dominate games. Gobert is a 3 time NBA all-star. And then they have some good NBA players like Batum, Fournier, and Ntilikina. And having the home court advantage doesn’t hurt.

Reactions: Metroid

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
4th Olympic final.
Seems like you missed a lot of Olympic Games.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
4th Olympic final.
Seems like you missed a lot of Olympic Games.
Honestly everytime I turned it on it was some swimming event hahah. Watched some rugby, volleyball, running events. As previously mentioned don't follow basketball so didn't get a chance to see any of the games. Learned something new today.

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad