Prospect Info: Basile Sansonnens (LD - Swiss-A) | 221st Overall 2024 Draft

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
Speaking of 'nickname, 'Basile' just doesn't sound like an NHL first name for me. Is there an English version of 'Basile'.

Sort of reminds me of another Canuck draft pick 'Rodrigo Abols'. Surely if he'd ever made the NHL, he's have shortened his name to 'Rod'.
FawltyTowers.jpg

Reactions: tradervik

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
he's one of those guys who were alwyas up playing with kids way older than him.
he was 12 years old playign with the u15, Then he was 14/15 yeras old playing under 17. 16 years old playing under 20.

one of those guys who were always better than all the other kids his own age so kept playing against older kids..BUT...he was doing it in a Tier C hockey country so its kind of hard to track how he'd stack up against really good kids his own age from other countries, and this is compounded by the fact he plays D so you'd really have to watch him to judge things like gap control, and puck retrievals etc. Forwards are probably easier to check a stat sheet and see how they'd match up with a Russian or Swede etc.

interesting pick for sure, you never know how its going to pan out. he's the age now where he'll get more and more exposure against top notch 17+ from everywhere around the world so in 9 months we'll have a good idea where he stacks up

Reactions: Lindgren

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hadn’t seen this confirmed until now but Sansonnens will play for Ramouski this upcoming season, according to CanucksArmy’s Dave Hall.

Did Stellantis/FCA/Dodge take over and make it into a company town for building pickup trucks or something?

That aside, i think the Q is probably a fine league to bring him over to. Not necessarily known for developing defensive play per se, but i think it's probably a better fit in terms of trying to figure out and gauge if we actually have anything at all there. And it's not necessarily a bad league for working on things like "puck skills". So that fits.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did Stellantis/FCA/Dodge take over and make it into a company town for building pickup trucks or something?

That aside, i think the Q is probably a fine league to bring him over to. Not necessarily known for developing defensive play per se, but i think it's probably a better fit in terms of trying to figure out and gauge if we actually have anything at all there. And it's not necessarily a bad league for working on things like "puck skills". So that fits.
Q is definitely good decision. Sansonnens staying in Fribourg would have been fine as well though because he was offered NL time. Would have been interesting to see him play vs men. Either he really didn't want to stay in Fribourg or he wanted to play in NA / was convinced to play in NA.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00