Prospect Info: Basile Sansonnens (LD - Swiss-A) | 221st Overall 2024 Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe one of those toolsy with no tool box picks. Stat line is unimpressive to say the least

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's a 7th round pick in the middle of nowhere Switzerland. He has size already so this is one of those picks where maybe he's a complete unknown otherwise and just works out.

Reactions: Nopefully

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here's an article on his contract status.

According to "Blick", Basile Sansonnens has signed a four-year contract with Lausanne HC, valid until the end of the 2027-28 season. The defenseman appeared in his first professional games this season but mostly played for the Dragons' U20 team.

Sansonnens is eligible for the 2024 NHL Entry Draft and is in 131st place on the European Skater list of NHL Central Scouting.

Reactions: supercanuck

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
By comparison, JJ Moser was about 0.5 PPG in the U20 league in his draft year
You're comparing apples and oranges. Moser is 24yo, more than six years older than Sansonnens. Now check where Moser was six years ago.

I'm not gonna claim that Sansonnens has NHL upside (most 7th rounders do not) but your comparison is unfair. Moser was drafted in 2021, his last year of eligibility, while Sansonnens was one of the youngest kids available in the 2024 draft. Sansonnens is also significantly bigger than Moser and big guys tend to need more time rounding out. Just gotta wait and see how the kid works out.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
You're comparing apples and oranges. Moser is 24yo, more than six years older than Sansonnens. Now check where Moser was six years ago.

I'm not gonna claim that Sansonnens has NHL upside (most 7th rounders do not) but your comparison is unfair. Moser was drafted in 2021, his last year of eligibility, while Sansonnens was one of the youngest kids available in the 2024 draft. Sansonnens is also significantly bigger than Moser and big guys tend to need more time rounding out. Just gotta wait and see how the kid works out.
Thats what I meant, I took Moser’s stats from when he was 17 turning 18 like Sansonnens. Moser was 20 turning 21 when he was drafted and put up like 30 points in the NL

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Thats what I meant, I took Moser’s stats from when he was 17 turning 18 like Sansonnens. Moser was 20 turning 21 when he was drafted and put up like 30 points in the NL
Oh. My bad. I misread your post. Still, you're comparing a relatively small offensive defenseman with a big stay at home defenseman. Moser's team back then had more offensive firepower than Sansonnens' team as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad