Bartosak Arrested for Domestic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Not sure if this goes in a different thread. Mods move if need be.

:shakehead

http://www.unionleader.com/Monarchs-goalie-charged-in-domestic-assaults-threats

...waived arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court - Manchester District Division on 12 domestic-related charges.

. . .

A felony charge of second-degree assault alleges Bartosak attempted to strangle his girlfriend early Monday afternoon at 22 Country Club Drive.

. . .

Bartosak, who is from the Czech Republic, is free on $10,000 cash/surety bond, with conditions that include no contact with the alleged victim and not going to the Country Club Drive address.

Because no plea can be entered to a felony charge in circuit court, a hearing was set for Dec. 16, when a judge will hear evidence and decide if there is probable cause to bind Bartosak over to the Hillsborough County Superior Court North for possible indictment.

Trial on the assault, threatening and stalking misdemeanors was set for Jan. 28, 2016.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wow. Those are serious allegations, and to happen after all that transpired last year...

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Just when things were getting back to normal.....(not that this should have any impact on the big club)

Of course it has an impact on the big club. He was our backup goalie of the future and #3 on the goalie depth chart this year.

Wouldn't be a stretch to think DL had him penciled in at a $650k cap hit or whatever it was for next year so that he can sign Kopitar.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
What the **** is wrong with our organization? No excuse for this ****.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Of course it has an impact on the big club. He was our backup goalie of the future and #3 on the goalie depth chart this year.

Wouldn't be a stretch to think DL had him penciled in at a $650k cap hit or whatever it was for next year so that he can sign Kopitar.

I meant the guys in the room.

WTF.

So long Bartosak.

And with their fist pick in the second round LA selects: a goalie.

They were probably gonna pick one anyway, didn't pick one in June.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
CommentPhotos.com_1405786188.jpg

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
WTF.

So long Bartosak.

And with their fist pick in the second round LA selects: a goalie.

They may pick a goalie but it has nothing to do with this incident. Odds are anyone they pick will be 18 and two years away from turning pro and four to six years from making the Kings anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Aside from the main issue here.

Berube gone, likely Bartosak(hopefully, if true) and little else in the pipe.

LA probably would have drafted a couple goalies next year but this likely makes it more of a priority with more emphasis on a quality net-minder.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I wonder how Dean must feel after having setup the educational off-ice training for his players to avoid incidents like this, and Bartosak goes off and does this.

He must be sick of dealing with these types of issues. If the allegations are true, terminate his ass and be done with him. Let's see how long this will drag out.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
I wonder how Dean must feel after having setup the educational off-ice training for his players to avoid incidents like this, and Bartosak goes off and does this.

He must be sick of dealing with these types of issues. If the allegations are true, terminate his ass and be done with him. Let's see how long this will drag out.

Just curious, does that program extend down to the minor league level? Although I suppose Bartosak would have been exposed to it in training camp.

Get rid of him if this turns out to be true.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can't imagine the DL program had an impact yet, but either way, god ****ing damnit man, what is wrong with people?

Those are very specific allegations. I can't see this being that specifically phony.

I was in love with this kid's potential and he was a funny dude, but unless something seriously phenomenal happens to prove him not guilty here, get him the **** out of here ASAP. This organization was already a sideshow.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
1 or 2 of these you could write it off as a bad apple, but this is fourth member of the organization to get into significant legal trouble in a little over a year.

The truth is we have/had a lot of really bad guys in this organization. And the Kings dodged a big bullet in Vegas that it was only expiring contract Stoll who got busted.

Last edited:

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
God ****ing damnit, isn't he our best D prospect? If I was a player nowadays I wouldn't even date anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad