Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
1728573145465.png

Official now I guess. This is a big help for this season, will hurt us next year though.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
View attachment 914657

Official now I guess. This is a big help for this season, will hurt us next year though.
Yeah definitely hurt next year but Moses so far this season hasn’t shown much and seems a little too slow to be a real impact player until he’s 19-20. I assume that means York will be traded once Jelsma comes back. And I also wonder if that guarantees that Vaughan will be traded in Jan.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
View attachment 914657

Wonder if they try and get Romani in January with Vaughan involved

Barrie is STACKED and I doubt they’re done

You’ll suck next year but that’s fine just trade away beaudoin and aitcheson to get picks and players back, and get a good lottery pick to start the rebuild

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Well Oshawa got Barlow so now I guess u could say Barrie Brantford and Brampton are back on the clock lmao. Hearing the first reported news of Wakely in north bay to Kingston may not happen I wonder if Barrie would look into him especially now with Jelsma out for a bit a trade involving maybe a guy like Jaiden Newton and picks and get Wakely for more top end talent come playoffs. A top 9 of
Jelsma Wakely Hemming
York Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart Gardiner Moses

That would have to be as good as almost anyone in the league along with the amazing top 4 D and Hillebrandt in net and still having Vaughan on the team would be incredible. It would also most likely mean Wigle would be the odd man out as Barrie would had 2 many centres but there’s probably some bottom end teams that would pick up a veteran like him to help a younger squad develop.
I did call this last Thursday sorta lol didn’t have Moses going the other way but still thought Barrie could make it happen. Top 9 of this
Jelsma Wakely Hemming
Wigle Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart Gardiner Vaughan

And whether Vaughan gets traded in Jan for another top end player or not this team is dangerous with that defence and Hillebrandt

Wonder if they try and get Romani in January with Vaughan involved

Barrie is STACKED and I doubt they’re done

You’ll suck next year but that’s fine just trade away beaudoin and aitcheson to get picks and players back, and get a good lottery pick to start the rebuild
Depends what happens with Beaudoin and Hemming for next year there’s a chance both are gonna a chance both are back. I think Gardiner may be back next year aswell. Depends if they decide to trade Vaughan or not Next years top 6 could still be
Hemming Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart Gardiner Vaughan

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I did call this last Thursday sorta lol didn’t have Moses going the other way but still thought Barrie could make it happen. Top 9 of this
Jelsma Wakely Hemming
Wigle Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart Gardiner Vaughan

And whether Vaughan gets traded in Jan for another top end player or no this team is dangerous with that defence and Hillebrandt

Depends what happens with Beaudoin and Hemming for next year there’s a chance both are gonna a chance both are back. I think Gardiner may be back next year aswell. Depends if they decide to trade Vaughan or not Next years top 6 could still be
Hemming Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart Gardiner Vaughan
Forgot about Patterson, that’s another trade chip. Same with Gardiner.

Even if they trade Vaughan this year and go all in they should still have a good core next year if they don’t feel like tearing the team down.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Forgot about Patterson, that’s another trade chip. Same with Gardiner.

Even if they trade Vaughan this year and go all in they should still have a good core next year if they don’t feel like tearing the team down.
As a fan of Barrie I’d personally rather go at it 2 straight years heavy then do a full rebuild and be bad for 2 and develop a young team again but will see if Beaudoin makes Utah next year with is a possibility with the way he plays and his work ethic along with his size then you’ll definitely have to trade the remaining pieces if he’s back along with others then u try to run it back with what u have and add along the way

Reactions: dirty12

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Going to be some tough calls, I think they should keep Vaughan around. He can contribute this year and they already have some great top end players, adding more just saturates the available ice time. They will need a Vaughan to re-build around next season, especially if Beaudoin & Hemming are out of the picture.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
What a great pickup. Gonna be a fun ride this season. Agreed with what others are saying that I think that should be it for big additions. Wouldn't hate to see a more experienced backup because I'd hate to see this fall apart if Hillebrandt got hurt.

Reactions: dirty12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad