Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
No, maybe you're just not great at communicating your points...
Well ur original point was Brampton had their full roster which also isn’t true they had a nhl drafted D not playing so I mentioned they also lost to north bay who shouldn’t be in the same category of team as them and u couldn’t comprehend that I guess

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Well ur original point was Brampton had their full roster which also isn’t true they had a nhl drafted D not playing so I mentioned they also lost to north bay who shouldn’t be in the same category of team as them and u couldn’t comprehend that I guess
Lol ok pal taker easy and don't get your nose out of joint. I guess I'm not an OHL guru like you. Thank you for your expert analysis please continue on...Comprenez vous? Lol

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Lol ok pal taker easy and don't get your nose out of joint. I guess I'm not an OHL guru like you. Thank you for your expert analysis please continue on...Comprenez vous? Lol
Never said I was all I said was the truth of the situation and u couldn’t see that

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
I was really happy the way the B/U Hrebik played last evening. He was left high and dry a few times and stood his ground. Still gonna take awhile for the offence to gel. Patterson back for todays game and Marty had indicated that Jelsma will be back 1-2 weeks earlier than expected.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Yep, Hrebik played great.

Beaudoin line was tough to handle last night.

Vaughan got more ice after N. Newton went down, hope he's ok. Vaughan did some exceptional things with the puck but also made a whole bunch of rookie mistakes. He definitely needs some seasoning.

Very nice having Akey back, as I said before a 75% Akey better than most D in the league. They went mostly with 5 D sheltering Handsor as the 6th. When Akey gets his timing back, between him, Berticci, and Aitchison they are in great shape. I also thought Eliasson looked better last night. Still took a bad penalty but looked better overall with the puck vs. what I've seen to date.

Reactions: JetsColts13

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Wasn't perfect, but that was the Colts best game so far in this young season. Patterson back made a big difference in his return. Beaudoin was a workhorse all night. Akey looked really strong considering this was his second game in 11 months. Powerplay came alive and the PK has continued to be strong after being the league's worst last season. Wigle with two beautiful snipes in back to back games was nice to see as I'd love to have a nice OA season by him.

Would like to see them cut down on turnovers still but overall a strong effort.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I didn't get to see the game but was happy to see them pull out a huge win against the team that ended their season last year. I'm sure the boys from last year's team were all really stoked to get that win.

I saw on the scoresheet it was Patterson, Hemming and Beaudoin on a number of goals...was that the line, and if so, where did York play?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
I didn't get to see the game but was happy to see them pull out a huge win against the team that ended their season last year. I'm sure the boys from last year's team were all really stoked to get that win.

I saw on the scoresheet it was Patterson, Hemming and Beaudoin on a number of goals...was that the line, and if so, where did York play?
Didn't see York for much of the game. Left early with some sort of injury is my guess. Debridge moved up to the Beaudoin line after that. Those 3 were together on the powerplay though.

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

The lines were
York-Beaudoin-Patterson
Stewart-Gardiner-Moses
Lowe-Wigle-Hemming
Vaghan-Newton-Derbidge

York then left hurt in the 2nd intermission and didn't come back.

The Hemming goal came on a rebound into an empty net on the PP. He had a very Oskar Olausson game where you didn't notice him very much for a 1st round pick to the NHL (sore spot for both Gens fan Colts fans, I know).

Barrie D might be the best in the league. They'll have at least one and sometimes two 1st/2nd round NHL picks on the ice 95% of the time which is crazy.

I'm very interested to see if Williamson can keep Eliasson on the right side of the line as the season goes on. He plays so angry and out of control at times. Could be good if he can not cross the line. Or could be costly in a big game if he can't

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
The lines were
York-Beaudoin-Patterson
Stewart-Gardiner-Moses
Lowe-Wigle-Hemming
Vaghan-Newton-Derbidge

York then left hurt in the 2nd intermission and didn't come back.

The Hemming goal came on a rebound into an empty net on the PP. He had a very Oskar Olausson game where you didn't notice him very much for a 1st round pick to the NHL (sore spot for both Gens fan Colts fans, I know).

Barrie D might be the best in the league. They'll have at least one and sometimes two 1st/2nd round NHL picks on the ice 95% of the time which is crazy.

I'm very interested to see if Williamson can keep Eliasson on the right side of the line as the season goes on. He plays so angry and out of control at times. Could be good if he can not cross the line. Or could be costly in a big game if he can't
Thanks.

Hopefully York is ok.

Hemming might have been quiet after Saturday night's game he got knocked around a few times after hanging onto the puck too long. But I don't think he's anywhere near Olausson as he's certainly not a perimeter player. He gets into the corner and is great at stealing pucks using his stick and body position. Olusson was only good when the puck was on his stick. They are very different.

Having Eliasson with Passmore is a great pairing I think. Eliasson can move the puck pretty well and they can play a shut down pairing - I would not want to be a small forward to go into either corner lol.

Reactions: JetsColts13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad