Barracuda News & Discussion VII

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Carlsson was with the Charlotte Checkers in 23-24, was signed as a free agent by us in the offseason and is a bigtime offensive weapon in this league. AHL All-Star last season. Was really disappointed he wasn't ready to start this season.

When Charlotte came into town to play against us for the first time last year, Carlsson put up a hat trick, on 12- yes, twelve- shots on goal.

dang, the zone entry by Coe for the 2nd Cagnoni goal was slick.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
So a question for those that watch the Cuda, are they playing different? System etc, than last year or is the talent difference the main driver here?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So a question for those that watch the Cuda, are they playing different? System etc, than last year or is the talent difference the main driver here?
From what I see these are my biggest takeaways:

The D is very good at leading rushes and getting the puck into the offensive zone with possession. They’re also very good at keeping the puck in.

The forwards are supremely skilled. The amount of odd-man rushes and quick transitions from their own zone even on the PK was something else.

Obviously having a goalie like Askarov gives you confidence but a really underrated part of his game I didn’t expect is his ability to play the puck.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
For those of you who watched — Graf seems to be really excelling to start the year. What do you guys think his ceiling is? It was hard to tell last year. It seems like maybe a scoring 3rd liner with an outside chance of being a 2nd liner?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
For those of you who watched — Graf seems to be really excelling to start the year. What do you guys think his ceiling is? It was hard to tell last year. It seems like maybe a scoring 3rd liner with an outside chance of being a 2nd liner?

Probably 3rd. The thing that's impressed me about Graf that I wasn't expecting: He's very good at creating turnovers. Works hard off the puck. Good anticipation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad