Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Looks like Cagnoni is back with Keane again. Just me speculating but those first two Hache-Keane shifts were pretty rough, maybe we just decided that wasn't a great idea.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Looks like Cagnoni is back with Keane again. Just me speculating but those first two Hache-Keane shifts were pretty rough, maybe we just decided that wasn't a great idea.
Keene looks awful out here. Halts is a big big man that plays physical. Askarov looks so unbelievably confident it’s scary. Graf and Bystedt both looked very confident.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I honestly think he’d be worth a look for a few games for his offence alone
I think once Shakir gets into game shape they’re both going to be evaluated for the first call-up.

Also, I have never seen a goaltender as confident as Askarov. Absolutely nothing rattles him. I would 100% give him some nhl games now.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
He hasn't had a huge impact since game 1, but as a Sharks fan I would prefer to have him stay with the Cuda. The reason is that I just don't think he's got a very good change of being a top-6 guy at even strength, and I think he's best suited working on aspects of his game that can make him an effective bottom-6 guy (forechecking, physicality, cycling) rather than lighting up teenagers again.

If he's sent back that's cool with me, but I'm also a little befuddled about what's going on in London this year so far. They look disastrous every time I tune in.
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I do think he has more potential than a bottom six forward so I think he needs to work on his 5 on 5 play in London, work on his skating and then he should be ready for a top 6 role next year.

If he can do that, I think he can be a Tom Wilson type player for San Jose.

As far as London goes, it just takes them until November to start to really gel. To be honest, we are really missing Halttunen too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad