Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Robins seems to always the one doing these outreach things. I'd love to see him do well this year. Along with wanting to see him come back from the injury troubles from last year and respect for how hard he works on the ice, he also just seems to be a genuinely good guy.

I remember when we had the skate with the team event a couple years ago him and Raska were running races with the kids in attendance.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
0-0 after one. Good period from us though, Wallstedt is just looking solid in net for Iowa. 15 shots for us.

That interference penalty on Coe felt very questionable, but good for him being physical early.

Lines:

Oh yeah, it’s a big crowd today too.

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Drew is pounding the "take the shot" point of view hut but this is Jesper Wallstedt. You can't just throw shots at him and hope they sneak by him. I think it's good to try and increase your shot quality by trying to make him move laterally because you aren't going to beat him if he's set.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not surprising it took this kind of weirdness to finally break the tie. 1-0 Cuda after two periods.

I was critical of a play Cagnoni made earlier, but this is the best game I’ve seen from him. Showing a lot of creativity tonight.

Cagnoni's made a couple of really nice defensive plays too. Seems to be handling the physicality just fine.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How long until he’s the best defenseman on the Sharks?
I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek, but he could potentially be the best non-Walman D-man in six months because of how brutal the rest of our D is. We'll see though, being a rookie pro has its ups and downs, and it's not really fair to extrapolate based on one great game.

That Vincent line is incredibly annoying, I would hate to play against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad