Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I used to be a goalie way back in the day. Only saying that to add some context that when a goalie is having a good game, I NEVER point that out until the game is over. I'm really superstitious in that regard. Otherwise I'd have been raving about Askarov all game. I mean, we played a great game as a whole. But that scoreline would not have been as lopsided as it is without his play in net. It's just one game, but that got me pretty hyped.

Jimmy Schuldt was such a big signing for us. He was huge on the PK. 6 for 6 on kills tonight for us.

And just think: We just played without two or three of our top defensemen. Again, it's just one game! But- yeah, that was pretty good, wasn't it?

Two assists each for Bystedt and Poturalski, just btw.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I used to be a goalie way back in the day. Only saying that to add some context that when a goalie is having a good game, I NEVER point that out until the game is over. I'm really superstitious in that regard. Otherwise I'd have been raving about Askarov all game. I mean, we played a great game as a whole. But that scoreline would not have been as lopsided as it is without his play in net. It's just one game, but that got me pretty hyped.

Jimmy Schuldt was such a big signing for us. He was huge on the PK. 6 for 6 on kills tonight for us.

And just think: We just played without two or three of our top defensemen. Again, it's just one game! But- yeah, that was pretty good, wasn't it?

Two assists each for Bystedt and Poturalski, just btw.
The whole game, I was thinking "and this is without Bordeleau, Gushchin, Sabourin, Thompson, Carlsson, and Mukhamadullin". Crazy deep team. Schuldt is a difference maker.

Bystedt's two assists were both really nice. Thought he was very strong.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

Featuring lots (but not enough) of Askarov, and a very depressed sounding Reign play by play guy.

Very nice goal by Graf. Used his speed (he's not a burner but it shows he's got something to make use of) effectively in that instance.

Love seeing those goals by Halttunen. Obviously it'll be big to see what he can bring 5v5, but it's also awesome seeing that one-timer translate at a higher level. We know that's a huge part of his potential NHL future, and it's awesome when it's a threat like this because on the PP defenders have to operate differently simply to respect it, creating the potential for other opportunities.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Hopefully a big season coming up for the Barracuda! Would do wonders for the club and all the players, especially the young ones with NHL hopes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad