Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Not too many more guys I'd trim off the roster before opening weekend. Probably would cut:
F: Burke, Grainger, Lodnia
D: Bucheler, Hache
G: Carriere

That'd put us at 15F, 9D and 3G:
F: Bailey, Bystedt, Cardwell, Carroll, Coe, Graf, Halttunen, Houle, Poturalski, Robins, Russell, Sabourin, Vanroboys, Vincent, White
D: Cagnoni, Frisch, Furlong, Guryev, Keane, Laroque, Pulli, Schuldt, Thompson
G: Askarov, Dell, Romanov

Totally good starting the season like that. Wouldn't be torn up if we cut/dealt Carroll, Russell, or Keane, but am fine with giving them a couple looks before that happens. Keane, specifically, I wondered if he might be a point man on the PP to start the season, but we just received Cagnoni and Thompson, I'm not sure there's any need.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

I'm a little surprised we sent both Carriere and Dell down to start, that leaves us with two goalies.

Joe Carroll just hasn't clicked with this team, we got him in a trade last season and he shows flashes of various skills but he's just never showed a complete game with us. They really must be down on Laroque. He was pretty bad in the Friday preseason game and better Sunday.

Edit: The Cuda news release on the site says Ivan Lodnia is released. So scratch him off too. 15F/9D/2G now on the roster, feels like that's probably who we'll start with:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad