Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 125 74.9%

• Total voters

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
This is hilariously ironic.
LOL. Still awaiting your admission that @Walksss, @Ozmodiar and I are correct. With a M-NTC allowing trades to certain teams, the club does not need to ask for specific permission for a trade to a permitted team.

I supplied the Jeff Petry proof, and instead of thinking that through, you guys are just doubling and tripling down on error.

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
The answer to the question is Kapanen, although ABB likely stays as a 14th forward, avoiding waivers.

Mailloux, Engstrom, Heineman cut. All will likely play some games this year for the CH though.

Hughes wants to not put anyone on off-season LTIR. With Laine and RHP injured, I think the only way to do that and have 20 healthy bodies is with a bunch of paper transactions:

Roy to the minors (temporarily)
Struble to the minors (temporarily)
Kapanen to the minors (temporarily)
Xhekaj to the minors (temporarily)

Random minor leaguers like Gignac or Condotta, plus Trudeau, brought up to the team. Temporarily.

ABB on the roster. Mostly because his salary is only $775,000 and we probably don't need 8 D, so might as well carry a 14th forward who probably won't play much. He may eventually get waived, but you don't need to do that at the start of the season.

One vet (my pick is Anderson but it could also be Dvorak or Armia) waived and sent to the minors. Temporarily. If someone picks up Anderson, rejoice, but it won't happen.

That leaves a 23-man roster, including 3 injuries (Laine, RHP, Price) and about $48,000 in cap space. Then put some of those injuries on LTIR, bring back Xhekaj, Anderson, Struble, Kapanen and send Gignac/Condotta and Trudeau to the minors.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yeah, I do, they are standard clauses in nhl contracts. Lots of guys have them.

Yeah, the Senators are losing one of the next 1st round picks in the next couple of drafts for a botched trade when Vegas tried sending Danadov to the ducks who were on his ntc. The NHL voided the trade and penalized the Sens because the Sens didn’t provide the Knights his ntc when they originally traded him there. Thus, they traded to a team his contract (ntc) blocked.

Im surprised you never heard of this.
The Dadonov error proves nothing in this particular case. The Petry case proves everything.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He is incredibly strong and can deliver some punishing hits. The perfect guy to start on the 4th line and help him develop into more.
He demolished Amadio with a clean bone crunching check the other night. That's when I brought up Ylonen.
He skates just as well can score just as well but his shifts always result in events at one end of the rink or the other.
That was the problem with Ylonen he skated miles but aimlessly.

Last edited:

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
Heineman is definitely the most physically ready of the 3, and will probably be the best bottom line option l. If they are trying to fill up the line up I’d go Kap. ABB has looked better than I expected especially in the neutral zone and defensively

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Heineman is definitely the most physically ready of the 3, and will probably be the best bottom line option l. If they are trying to fill up the line up I’d go Kap. ABB has looked better than I expected especially in the neutral zone and defensively
ABB is a "tweener"...a superstar in the AHL and a guy who can't play in any line up in the entire NHL. He belongs in Laval.

Reactions: LaP and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
ABB is a "tweener"...a superstar in the AHL and a guy who can't play in any line up in the entire NHL. He belongs in Laval.
That's why we signed him and that's where he's going sooner or later.
I'm also not concerned about putting him on waivers like some seem to be.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It’s not “sending” Kapanen to Sweden, you doofus, and it has nothing to do with age. As camp is coming to a close I’ve been more impressed with Barré-Boulet and I don’t think Kapanen is ready.
The bolded is not legitimate discourse on this forum. Insulting peeople who have a different opinion than your own is not something I'd want to be doing.

Based on the comments of Habs management about Kapanen's game, they think he is ready and if so, they should keep him. That's the purpose of training camps. Nothing against ABB, who has played with energy and effectiveness and has earned the chance to start with the big club in my opinion. Like RHP, perhaps he'll eventually suffer the fate of Rem Pitlick, but for now, ABB has earned his kudos.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's why we signed him and that's where he's going sooner or later.
I'm also not concerned about putting him on waivers like some seem to be.
Waive his arse...whoever claims him has to keep him on their NHL roster.

It’s not “sending” Kapanen to Sweden, you doofus, and it has nothing to do with age. As camp is coming to a close I’ve been more impressed with Barré-Boulet and I don’t think Kapanen is ready.
What's the point of name calling? We all have different opinions, no need to call people names over it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'll be very surprised if he is claimed on waivers. He is a known commodity at this point and NHL teams all already have this kind of tweener in their AHL lineup.

I suspect ABB was signed to fill a jersey after the deadline. What is the best way to avoid any criticism from the media and fans after selling at the deadlien? Call up some guy from Quebec like ABB. THis is what they did two years ago calling up Belzile.

Reactions: Habs13

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'll be very surprised if he is claimed. He is a known commodity at this point and NHL teams all already have this kind of tweener in their AHL lineup.
He can really help Laval which i hope he does. Laval has amazing fans, an amazing venue and the league needs these types of teams to be in the playoffs. Enough of the mediocre results

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It should be Kap or Heinamen who stays for sure....................

Does anyone think that Roy would benefit down in Laval? I saw some preseason games, and he did nothing to impress me...............where as a couple of the kids did do some good things,

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Does anyone think that Roy would benefit down in Laval? I saw some preseason games, and he did nothing to impress me...............where as a couple of the kids did do some good things,
With Laine going down we need guys that can make plays in the offensive zone and he's one of them. You're right he's not had a great camp but they will give time in the regular season before sending him down.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Roy is 21 only and will be 21 for the whole year. Him playing in the AHL is not an issue at all. Playing in the AHL becomes an issue only when the player has been there for more than 2 years as a top line / pairing guy. A 3rd year in the AHL rarely benifit a skilled player if he's been playing well there in a role where he plays lot of minutes. For exemple we kept Beauchemin and Conroy in the AHL for too long back in the days.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

MSL praised Roy yesterday, so I doubt he's going down.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Roy is 21 only and will be 21 for the whole year. Him playing in the AHL is not an issue at all. Playing in the AHL becomes an issue only when the player has been there for more than 2 years as a top line / pairing guy. A 3rd year in the AHL rarely benifit a skilled player if he's been playing well there in a role where he plays lot of minutes. For exemple we kept Beauchemin and Conroy in the AHL for too long back in the days.
The major Euro pro leagues are roughly equivalent to AHL, so Kapanen has played more than two years at that level.....,

Last edited by a moderator:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Don’t think so, for now. He is sometimes invisible, but you look at the statsheet at the end game. He has 1 assist, somes shots. He bring some offense versus some player are just black hole. Gallagher can bring the most energy he can or Anderson can hit everybody, Dvorak can win every faceoff he wants, at the end of the game. They finished often with 0 goals, 0 assist and 0 points. Roy has better offensive tools than them, so I would keep him

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Earned his spot last year???

He got 9pts in 23 gms, hardly tore it apart.

The guy isn’t owed a spot, and had a shitty camp. Kap, Hein, and Tuch deserve a roster spot before him.
9 pts in 23 games is not that bad for a 20 years old. Kapanen is the same age as Roy but played in a inferior league.

How do you know what Kapanen's upside is? His overall skill set is well above that of Joshua Roy. I think Roy has a bright future but to say his talent is superior to Kapanen's is untrue.
Roy has a high offensive IQ. Need to watch more of Kapanen but from what I've heard he is a responsible 2 way player. If Kapanen has superior talent, then he should be on the second line.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
A trade or two and we can keep Roy, Kapanen and Heineman on the team. This is what I would like to see. Trade Dvorak and Armia.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A trade or two and we can keep Roy, Kapanen and Heineman on the team. This is what I would like to see. Trade Dvorak and Armia.

Imo, kapanen, Dvo and and Armia can start in Montreal, Heinamen in Laval.

Heineman gets his chance when there are injuries, and then next year when Dvo, Armia, and Evans are gone. Hopefully we get draft picks for Armia, Dco, and Evans.

Start with

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Kapanen/Armia
Roy - Dvo - Anderson
Armia/Kapanen - Evan's- Gallagher
ABB, Pez

Reactions: Habs13

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

I think he could benefit from some competition.

I’d rotate him and Heineman.

Kapanen gets a spot. He’s looked the best of the 3.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad