Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 101 73.7%

• Total voters

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Obviously Kap.
The other 2 have had decent camps (probably better than Roy if I'm being honest) but are still likely to hit Laval and be first call-up. I like Heineman shot + physical game, still needs consistency tho.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'd sit either of the vets who scored 14 goals in 118 games combined at a cap hit of $9.95M before the guy who scored 16 goals in 77 games (5th on the team).
You might want to check into what Gallagher's actual cap hit was forest season then because... it's $400k off that combined total.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Roy to Sweden? lol Stick to baseball :laugh:
My point is that It's no more stupid than sending Kapanen to Sweden.

You might want to check into what Gallagher's actual cap hit was forest season then because... it's $400k off that combined total.
His cap hit was $6.5M. You might be referring to salary and bonus for the year but who cares? Yes, all three are overpaid, but one produced decently, and the other two did not.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

His cap hit was $6.5M. You might be referring to salary and bonus for the year but who cares? Yes, all three are overpaid, but one produced decently, and the other two did not.
I probably did mix that up, yeah. Either way; I can't wait to see them all gone for good.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

It’s not “sending” Kapanen to Sweden, you doofus, and it has nothing to do with age. As camp is coming to a close I’ve been more impressed with Barré-Boulet and I don’t think Kapanen is ready.

Reactions: PhysicX

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Preseason isn’t made for guys like Roy. He’s cerebral and his entire game is about anticipation. Right now games are a mess for everyone involved, there’s no real systems and it’s full of AHLers doing whatever to stand out. I’m not worried about him.
If a young player needs the game to be played a certain way to be effective, he would be a prime candidate to get sent down. He can learn to be effective in more diverse situations in Laval. He is being outplayed by other guys.

I'm pretty hopeful for Roy, because he has great potential, but he has looked ordinary at best this camp. Just send him down and get him hungry again.

I'd keep ABB and Kap for opening night. Heineman would be on deck in Laval.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I haven't seen a single thing that Barr-Boulet does that made him an attractive signing. Kapanen has stood out

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
A bad camp doesn't mean much. Roy earned his spot last season. If he has a crappy start to the year and isn’t producing then yes, send him down. But he will start the year in MTL. The Habs need his talent more than they need a bottom 6 forward like Kapanen.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
A bad camp doesn't mean much. Roy earned his spot last season. If he has a crappy start to the year and isn’t producing then yes, send him down. But he will start the year in MTL. The Habs need his talent more than they need a bottom 6 forward like Kapanen.
Earned his spot last year???

He got 9pts in 23 gms, hardly tore it apart.

The guy isn’t owed a spot, and had a shitty camp. Kap, Hein, and Tuch deserve a roster spot before him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Roy will stay but Kapanen is NOT a bottom 6 forward. He may enbd up there but he probably has 2nd line ability.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I meant currently.
If you have a NMC, you wouldn’t also need a LNTC.

The LNTC simply translate into: "Don't even bother asking me to waive my NMC for a trade if you're planning to send me to a team on my NTL."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad