Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Dani Carvajal in the top 7 annoys me a f***ing lot.

Jorginho coming 3rd in 2021 opened up a line of logic that makes awards like this even more useless in assessing anything: guy who was on multiple teams that won things.

This is way worse though.

Jorginho was IMO the 5th most important player to Chelsea's UCL win (Kante, Mount, James, Silva - in order). But he was pretty indisputably Italy's key player at the Euros, regardless of the strange Player of the Tournament award choice.

Carvajal just so happened to be on two teams that won stuff, and was not crucial to either.
Plus he's a far right prick

Ancelotti won manager of the year. Maybe the last of his career, and Vini's pettiness prevented him from being there.
I don't think it was Vini's, I think it was Florentino's

Ancelotti won manager of the year. Maybe the last of his career, and Vini's pettiness prevented him from being there.
Completely deserved, too.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Bonmati wins again.
She's stupid good. Even with Spain's pretty major underperformance in the Olympics, it's a pretty natural choice.

The American front three who rocked the Olympics basically cancel each other out. Barcelona Feminin had another glorious club season. And she's just simply the best. No one is near her right now.

Reactions: luiginb and gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If only the refs hadn't cheated us at the Euros, this would've been Wirtz' award...even with the loss to Atalanta keeping him from going 4 for 4 *sigh*

One of these days it would be nice to see how a Germany-Spain match went without the refs meddling in Spain's favor...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rodri is the deserved winner. Always has been class. One of the dumbest things Barca did was not secure him after he left Villarreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad