Speculation: Ball Arena

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, the area around Auraria Campus isn't that bad. It's not as nice as, say, 20th and Blake, but it's never really bothered me, especially since parking for Avs/Nuggets games is much easier IMO than the other venues.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I've heard two rumors.

Out by the Gaylord, and the other was basically further south on the South Platte in the industrial area around Meow Wolf.
Remember the Meow Wolf one too and thought it recently got shut down. Hell if I know though... and the last time I went to Elitches was ~2005, so maybe I'm the problem.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They should just demolish Ball Arena, build a giant parking structure next to Mile High (Empowered Field) and put the new arena on the other side with it also connecting to the parking structure. They could have skywalks connecting at all levels of the structure to the stadium and arena. Also have it with i25 on and off ramps. Kroenke and Walton are brother in laws right? Shouldn't be too hard to coordinate.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They should just demolish Ball Arena, build a giant parking structure next to Mile High (Empowered Field) and put the new arena on the other side with it also connecting to the parking structure. They could have skywalks connecting at all levels of the structure to the stadium and arena. Also have it with i25 on and off ramps. Kroenke and Walton are brother in laws right? Shouldn't be too hard to coordinate.
Broncos are more likely to build a whole new stadium in the next decade.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Raze the entire area and construct the 500k capacity Nathan MacKinnon Memorial Thunderdome. The greatest stadium the world has ever seen.

Reactions: sethro109

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Remember the Meow Wolf one too and thought it recently got shut down. Hell if I know though... and the last time I went to Elitches was ~2005, so maybe I'm the problem.

There's a Meow Wolf in Colorado? Went to one New Mexico.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You think so? I think Ball needs the upgrade much, much more.
The new ownership is already floating it. They want the Super Bowl to come to Denver... which really means they need a dome or retractable roof. Add in by the time it would be completed (2032 since that's when the lease ends), they'd be there over 30 years and probably 4th-6th oldest stadium at that point... makes it easy for the ownership to demand. I'd expect a lot of public funds to be thrown at it too.

Though I agree Ball Arena is even further behind their counterparts than Empower is. It is a bottom 10 arena with the likes of Florida and Philly. It is just a generic arena and very far from the Vegas, Montreal and Nashville's of the NHL. Hell even very far from the Tampa and Detroits.

Reactions: sethro109

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad