Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors 24-25 thread

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How would the Oilers pay that cost for a goalie with no NHL experience?

fe5225d42a7cd5c5defe587d404529972baecbad.gif

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I wanted Wallstedt that day. Of course Johnston would've been excellent as well including getting a recommendation from Coffey to the Oilers to pick him. It just didn't make sense to move down from a blue chip goalie prospect who the wild just signed to a 2x2 today as well.
Well hopefully our great scouting nightmare is over

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You're right. It's a great idea for a Stanley Cup contender to pay a goalie with no NHL experience three times the league minimum.

He's a future #1 goalie. Something the Oilers don't really have in their system. What he got paid today is irrelevant to a team that traded down from him in order to get a player who ends up highly likely busting.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's a future #1 goalie. Something the Oilers don't really have in their system. What he got paid today is irrelevant to a team that traded down from him in order to get a player who ends up highly likely busting.
Future when? As of next season, a year they expect to win a Cup, he'd be taking up $2m of cap and seemingly a backup role showing absolutely no evidence of that 'future' projection.

The 'elite' goalie prospect market is currently inflated. That's with the current information available to us. If you go back to the date of that draft, the Oilers had recently spent a 2nd rounder on Olivier Rodrigue, who they were likely to prioritize.

I'm absolutely fine regretting the team's willingness to pass on Wyatt Johnston. But passing on Wallstedt always made logical sense. His current extension only compounds that.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Future when? As of next season, a year they expect to win a Cup, he'd be taking up $2m of cap and seemingly a backup role showing absolutely no evidence of that 'future' projection.

The 'elite' goalie prospect market is currently inflated. That's with the current information available to us. If you go back to the date of that draft, the Oilers had recently spent a 2nd rounder on Olivier Rodrigue, who they were likely to prioritize.

I'm absolutely fine regretting the team's willingness to pass on Wyatt Johnston. But passing on Wallstedt always made logical sense. His current extension only compounds that.
He’ll be a number one goalie. We’ll agree to disagree in regards to him. That draft was still considered an absolute grade F. Tyler Wright’s drafting resume was a colossal failure.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
In typical AHL fashion, our first game is Oct 11, then we don't play again for a week.

The last few years the opening game has been free to watch.

The way to watch games has changed FYI.

There is no longer the option to buy packages for single teams, and instead it is 150 bucks USD for the entire year and you get all Flo Sports content.

I think I will pass this year.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad