Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '16-17 Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
Was at the game tonight. Khaira obviously had the 2 goals but was very solid overall. I like the physicality he brings and his positioning seemed strong. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again on Thursday. He's going to be an NHLer sooner than later IMO. Oesterle had a rough night. Made a few bonehead decisions but I don't believe any led to goals. Reinhart had a rough 1st but settled down the last 40 mins.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
I did not watch the game however I talked to Condors fans watching it and Benning was really good and Ellis in his first pro game was outstanding. I am not a Laleggia fan because he is too small and cannot break up a cycle. Musil is a really good Dman and was a healthy scratch.

It was stated in the Journal that JP will play at least the next two games with Bako. I cannot see Edmonton blowing his first year of his ELC. With that in mind he can only play 6 more games in the NHL and he has not been outstanding in any way. He could use the development time here.

Fayne was injured last night and no word on how bad. Carrigiulo (spelling) is worse than expected and will be out weeks. In short I have no idea and I hope none of this will affect Bako. They have Slepy and Gryba.

Bako also signed a PTO to what appears to be a really good player who was in Reading ECHL..Newbury. he did not play last night but hopefully he stays with us for a while.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I have a feeling Ellis is going to turn some heads. Very small sample size in NCAA but numbers were better than Jon Gillies on almost same team.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It was stated in the Journal that JP will play at least the next two games with Bako.

In an article from today's Sun it actually says the opposite:

KEEPING THE KID

The Oilers could have sent Puljujarvi to their Bakersfield farm team to play two games in Winnipeg Tuesday and Thursday against the AHL Manitoba Moose with the Oilers travelling there Friday to prepare for the outdoor Heritage Classic Sunday, but chose not to.

He has one goal in his three games, and has averaged 10:51 a night. He hasn’t had a deer-in-the-headlights look but he’s still a work in progress.

“He’s going through a cultural and hockey adjustment,†said coach Todd McLellan, “the same other European rookies like Laine are going through at 18. We wanted him in familiar surroundings with his teammates. If he continues to develop he’ll stay. It’s not bad to watch game and he’ll have a chance to work with the strength and conditioning guy off the ice.â€

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/10/18/oilers-d-man-mark-fayne-hurt-in-first-game--pair-peril--press-box-finn

MC David

Sep 26, 2008
I did not watch the game however I talked to Condors fans watching it and Benning was really good and Ellis in his first pro game was outstanding. I am not a Laleggia fan because he is too small and cannot break up a cycle. Musil is a really good Dman and was a healthy scratch.

It was stated in the Journal that JP will play at least the next two games with Bako. I cannot see Edmonton blowing his first year of his ELC. With that in mind he can only play 6 more games in the NHL and he has not been outstanding in any way. He could use the development time here.

Fayne was injured last night and no word on how bad. Carrigiulo (spelling) is worse than expected and will be out weeks. In short I have no idea and I hope none of this will affect Bako. They have Slepy and Gryba.

Bako also signed a PTO to what appears to be a really good player who was in Reading ECHL..Newbury. he did not play last night but hopefully he stays with us for a while.
Won't JP's first year of ELC be used up either way? Since even in Bakersfield he would be playing pro hockey?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
In an article from today's Sun it actually says the opposite:

KEEPING THE KID

The Oilers could have sent Puljujarvi to their Bakersfield farm team to play two games in Winnipeg Tuesday and Thursday against the AHL Manitoba Moose with the Oilers travelling there Friday to prepare for the outdoor Heritage Classic Sunday, but chose not to.

He has one goal in his three games, and has averaged 10:51 a night. He hasn’t had a deer-in-the-headlights look but he’s still a work in progress.

“He’s going through a cultural and hockey adjustment,” said coach Todd McLellan, “the same other European rookies like Laine are going through at 18. We wanted him in familiar surroundings with his teammates. If he continues to develop he’ll stay. It’s not bad to watch game and he’ll have a chance to work with the strength and conditioning guy off the ice.”

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/10/18/oilers-d-man-mark-fayne-hurt-in-first-game--pair-peril--press-box-finn

Those quotes only take a piece of the message McLellan was talking about. He talks about one of the reasons (and there are a few) that he wasn't sent down was due to the AHL season not starting as of yet. The chances of him going down are much higher than they were opposed to a week ago due to that reason.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Condors lose the second game in Winnipeg 5-4.

Khaira had a goal and an assist. Benning had a goal.

Anybody go to this? Looks like Reinhart threw his weight around a bit this game by the looks of the stat sheet. 9 PIMS and a fight with Scott Kosmachuk.

How did everybody look?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Khaira has 3 goals 4 points through 2 games. Could make a push for NHL this year or next

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Khaira has 3 goals 4 points through 2 games. Could make a push for NHL this year or next

He played well for us last year in the NHL.

He had a solid camp and I was very surprised he got cut before some others.

He is another one of those guys that I think will be a regular NHL forward. His game is perfect for a fourth line LW or center role.

I doubt he continues on that torrid pace that he is but if he does it might show there is even more there than I thought.

Right now I would be more surprised if he wasn't in our line up to start next year than if he isn't. I know Sather was interested in getting this guy off of us as well.

I expect at least one of these guys won't be on our roster next year but the following are developing nicely and certainly have a very realistic shot at full time employment next year: Pitlick, Kharia, and Slepy.

Toss in Caggiula in that mix and we have 4 cost controlled assets able to play in the show next year. Plus hopefully guys like Kassian and Maroon decide to stick around as well.

Plus I forgot about Paka, not as high on him as the others I have listed but a dark horse potentially as well.

Great to see progress from our prospect system and GM aquisitions.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
I will be at the game tomorrow. This year compared to the first two games last year is a huge difference. We barely win the first game and got totally destroyed in game 2. Ellis is playing his first pro games. We do have solid Ahl pick ups in Beck and Hamilton. With Hamilton knowing his NHL career is over he is playing better. He is no longer trying to show himself off. Beck is getting really tough goals and is a vast improvement on Ford. Defense is solid. So much so that Musil has been a healthy scratch for both games. Reinhart showed that he is a team player with his fight defending Sallinen. This is a FIRST for him. I think we may have a solid chance of being competitive compared to last year.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Any video of the Reinhart fight last night? They are talking about it on 1260 and apparently he tuned some guy up pretty good. Hopefully he can continue to play with aggression.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Any video of the Reinhart fight last night? They are talking about it on 1260 and apparently he tuned some guy up pretty good. Hopefully he can continue to play with aggression.

Gregor posted it on his Twitter, Reinhart beats the **** out of the kid for a late cross check after a goal. Love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad