Value of: Backup Goalie to PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
At this point prob just room for dostal/OEE to get their shots…. I imagine 3rd or 4th gets it done, without dumps and/or added pieces

tho I guess penguins could have interest in guys like des grant Manson Rakell , maybe even shatt retained

DeSmith and a 3rd for Stolarz sounds fair, but the Pens could use Manson too if the price was right.

Not sure how the Ducks value him right now, and I think the Pens need another dynamic forward more than a tough defenseman.

Would something like Pierre Olivier-Joseph for Manson and Stolarz be of interest? He's NHL ready and I'd value him higher than a 1st for a team looking for talent about the same age as the Ducks' young core.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
DeSmith and a 3rd for Stolarz sounds fair, but the Pens could use Manson too if the price was right.

Not sure how the Ducks value him right now, and I think the Pens need another dynamic forward more than a tough defenseman.

Would something like Pierre Olivier-Joseph for Manson and Stolarz be of interest? He's NHL ready and I'd value him higher than a 1st for a team looking for talent about the same age as the Ducks' young core.
I think I’d prob be interested in it, or at least a good conversation starter

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Out of curiosity does he play right side at all…. Lhd we have
Lindholm fowler mahura larsson guhle zellweger thrun Benoit lacombe hinds

with only zell and lacombe playing off hand side to my knowledge

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Out of curiosity does he play right side at all…. Lhd we have
Lindholm fowler mahura larsson guhle zellweger thrun Benoit lacombe hinds

with only zell and lacombe playing off hand side to my knowledge

He may play both sides but I'm not sure. I think he's mostly playing LD in the minors.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Koskinen is terrible though. Canucks have better goalies than what Oilers have to offer.
Canucks have Demko, Halak, Arturs Silov, Spencer Martin, Dipietro etc.
Are the canucks gonna offer Martin+4th for a 7th tho?

If Pitt is settling for a mediocre #2, they might as well at least get a pick WITH it, rather than pay a pick for one

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Are the canucks gonna offer Martin+4th for a 7th tho?

If Pitt is settling for a mediocre #2, they might as well at least get a pick WITH it, rather than pay a pick for one

The cap isn't our friend here and the difference between Koskinen and Martin might well mean losing a depth piece we'd rather now. That's more important than the pick.

Although honestly with both guys, I think why not just play Domingue.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He may play both sides but I'm not sure. I think he's mostly playing LD in the minors.
Not a huge deal breaker, just pretty stacked on left side I imagine a couple of them will be moved soonish(guhle and larsson ideally).

more interested in making room for dostal and OEE.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Not a huge deal breaker, just pretty stacked on left side I imagine a couple of them will be moved soonish(guhle and larsson ideally).

more interested in making room for dostal and OEE.

Apparently POJ's played RD a bit in WBS.

But it's understandable that you target RHD's with your pipeline the way it is.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
really just feels like Halak is the perfect guy. Hes been in high pressure playoff situations, excels at backup position, veteran, calming presence for Jarry that wont make him look over his shoulder too much, having a good year, just seems to fit. Shame about the bonus situation because if he was actually at 1.5M that would be perfect

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
The cap isn't our friend here and the difference between Koskinen and Martin might well mean losing a depth piece we'd rather now. That's more important than the pick.

Domingue would be preferable to giving up an asset I’d imagine

tho if someone is going to give PIT an asset to take a goalie….I’m more open to the idea

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Absolutely can't go into the playoffs those 3 and expect anything... jarry could be great or could be awful again. Desmith is a AHL goalie and do they trust LD that much ?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
really just feels like Halak is the perfect guy. Hes been in high pressure playoff situations, excels at backup position, veteran, calming presence for Jarry that wont make him look over his shoulder too much, having a good year, just seems to fit. Shame about the bonus situation because if he was actually at 1.5M that would be perfect
You are right. Plus Rutherford knows who he wants off Pittsburgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad