Value of: Backup Goalie to PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Stand in line .
Oilers and Devils have a need for a backup. Oilers more so as the Devils are finished for the year anyways.
Price for a goalie will be inflated and probably not worth giving up the assets it would take to upgrade the position.

I think it is worth the assets to upgrade. DeSmith can't be relied on which means Jarry is going to start more games for the Pens than the team would ideally like. They need someone to take the weight off Jarry's shoulders down the stretch, especially while in the toughest division in the league.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Poulin and Legare are good prospect no doubt but they aren't producing that much in the AHL.

Pens prospects don't usually tear up the AHL to be honest and are usually only called up later at 23-24
No rush they will keep developping and I don't think Hextall is willing to pay that type of price for a backup. He will go after a much cheaper option in my opinion and then just adress it for good in the off season

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ullmark for a bag of used pucks?

I don't know if the Pens and Bruins do deals...

Zucker+Casey Desmith
For
Ullmark+Debrusk

Cap is close enough but Boston may have to retain a smidgen on Debrusk. Swap for swap in positions. I think that gives everyone what they want and need in a deal.

Pens get their 1B/backup and a replacement wing.

Bruins get a backup for Rask and a top6 LW which I believe they need.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Stand in line .
Oilers and Devils have a need for a backup. Oilers more so as the Devils are finished for the year anyways.
Price for a goalie will be inflated and probably not worth giving up the assets it would take to upgrade the position.

then why would the devils trade for one?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Zucker+Casey Desmith
For
Ullmark+Debrusk

Cap is close enough. Swap for swap in positions. I think that gives everyone what they want and need in a deal.

I like it for the Pens

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
What is the ask for Holtby from Dallas?

I’m guessing a lot more than Khudobon or Halak.
Lol what? Canucks had Holtby last year. He was garbage. Halak is better.

Halak has better numbers this year despite being on a terrible defensive team and Holtby being on a pretty good defensive team. Halak having better numbers in a season where Holtby is supposedly having his best season in like 4 years says enough.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Lol what? Canucks had Holtby last year. He was garbage. Halak is better.

Halak has better numbers this year despite being on a terrible defensive team and Holtby being on a pretty good defensive team. Halak having better numbers in a season where Holtby is supposedly having his best season in like 4 years says enough.

Would be very interested by Halak.

Koskinen 50% + 4th for a 7th

Honestly if nothing else materializes for the Pens I’d be fine with that. Definitely a last resort type deal though, no offense.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Spencer Martin is better than Koskinen though

Idk but if all else fails I’d take a 4th round pick for Koskinen to play a few weeks of regular season hockey. I think the backup goalie market could be expensive and the Pens are f***ed if Jarry sucks/goes AWOL in the playoffs anyway.

Of course not my first choice though.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Idk but if all else fails I’d take a 4th round pick for Koskinen to play a few weeks of regular season hockey. I think the backup goalie market could be expensive and the Pens are f***ed if Jarry sucks/goes AWOL in the playoffs anyway.

Of course not my first choice though.
Koskinen is terrible though. Canucks have better goalies than what Oilers have to offer.
Canucks have Demko, Halak, Arturs Silov, Spencer Martin, Dipietro etc.

Ledge And Dairy

I could maybe see Vladar being moved to make room for Wolf. We payed a 3rd and he has been really good for us.

Personally, I would move Markstrom to a team that needs a starter and run with the young guys because that would give us the cap space to re-sign Gaudreau, Mang, Tkachuk and Kylington. But that would be too wise/risky for a lover of crusty old vets, like our management.
Wolf is pretty far from NHL ready and your take on moving Markstrom is very poor. Calgary can resign all their UFA's without moving him pretty easily

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com

Zucker+Casey Desmith
For
Ullmark+Debrusk

Cap is close enough but Boston may have to retain a smidgen on Debrusk. Swap for swap in positions. I think that gives everyone what they want and need in a deal.

This isn't a bad idea.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think dostal is ready, and Erickson-ek should start getting nhl looks next year, or end of this year if injuries occur.

Could see Anaheim moving stolarz who has been really good for us

signed next year for 950k also…. Pretty cheap option, Anaheim could take back cap to up trade value a bit too if Pitt needed to make room for other moves

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think dostal is ready, and Erickson-ek should start getting nhl looks next year, or end of this year if injuries occur.

Could see Anaheim moving stolarz who has been really good for us

signed next year for 950k also…. Pretty cheap option, Anaheim could take back cap to up trade value a bit too if Pitt needed to make room for other moves

What are the Ducks looking for?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What are the Ducks looking for?
At this point prob just room for dostal/OEE to get their shots…. I imagine 3rd or 4th gets it done, without dumps and/or added pieces

tho I guess penguins could have interest in guys like des grant Manson Rakell , maybe even shatt retained

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad