Value of: Backup Goalie to PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Jake Allen? He is a 1B type of goalie. If you don’t consider him a 1B type of goalie then consider him a great backup. His stats aren’t very good this year but if you have watched him play you would see that he has played great.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I could maybe see Vladar being moved to make room for Wolf. We payed a 3rd and he has been really good for us.

Personally, I would move Markstrom to a team that needs a starter and run with the young guys because that would give us the cap space to re-sign Gaudreau, Mang, Tkachuk and Kylington. But that would be too wise/risky for a lover of crusty old vets, like our management.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Stand in line .
Oilers and Devils have a need for a backup. Oilers more so as the Devils are finished for the year anyways.
Price for a goalie will be inflated and probably not worth giving up the assets it would take to upgrade the position.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I could maybe see Vladar being moved to make room for Wolf. We payed a 3rd and he has been really good for us.
Vladar would be a very good pickup. I’ve been I,pressed by his play and assumed there would be no way they move him but… Wolf has been amazing but still too early for him to be called up?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Vladar would be a very good pickup. I’ve been I,pressed by his play and assumed there would be no way they move him but… Wolf has been amazing but still too early for him to be called up?

I'm thinking off-season. Pretty sure the Heat will try to win the Calder Cup on the back of Wolf this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Korpisalo will be a main ufa target

Based on his age and the available options, I agree. Blue Jackets don't try to sign him and ride with Elvis?

Also wondering how the hell the Leafs are going to be able to unload Mrazek and find room to extend Campbell. Lets say they unload Mrazek and don't take a contract back. They would have 14 players signed with $10M in cap space. 9 players to sign including Campbell. Ouch!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Stand in line .
Oilers and Devils have a need for a backup. Oilers more so as the Devils are finished for the year anyways.
Price for a goalie will be inflated and probably not worth giving up the assets it would take to upgrade the position.
Oilers don't need a backup. Oilers need a starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad