Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
He's being talked about in Montreal

You mean Kyrou or Tkachuk? I'm guessing Tkachuk as I haven't seen any rumors about Kyrou and Montreal.

Regardless, we've already established in this thread that Kyrou is a soft floater that isn't even in the same stratosphere as Tkachuk and Tkachuk is an overrated goon who does more harm than good. Or if you ask their own fan bases, Kyrou is a stud with untapped potential and Tkachuk's intangibles make him one of the most valuable assets in the entire NHL. Either way there doesn't seem to be a deal to be made here.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You mean Kyrou or Tkachuk? I'm guessing Tkachuk as I haven't seen any rumors about Kyrou and Montreal.

Regardless, we've already established in this thread that Kyrou is a soft floater that isn't even in the same stratosphere as Tkachuk and Tkachuk is an overrated goon who does more harm than good. Or if you ask their own fan bases, Kyrou is a stud with untapped potential and Tkachuk's intangibles make him one of the most valuable assets in the entire NHL. Either way there doesn't seem to be a deal to be made here.
Kyrou. I wanted to read comments about him. Run his analytics. I passed on offer. Big contract, offensive but on ice for a lot of goals against. Analytics not good.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Is it possible to see how many goals were scored when Brady was in the box? His plus, minus is horrible and that does not count the goals scored against when he has been in the box!
I
Now don’t get me wrong, I’d take Brady for Jordan in a heartbeat! That being said, Stl. Would have to add but these proposals from the Ottawa fans are ridiculous. Brady is nowhere near the overall player his brother is! Again, just my opinion.

Thinking Jordan and a prospect not named Snuggy or Dvorsky.
I think kyrou who has similar numbers and zach dean and 2nd 2024.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Kyrou. I wanted to read comments about him. Run his analytics. I passed on offer. Big contract, offensive but on ice for a lot of goals against. Analytics not good.
He is on of the fastes skaters in the league he does float sometimes but so does brady. Kyrou had 31 36
Brady had 37 37.

Last year
Kyrou 37 36
Brady 35 48

There numbers are close adding a touch 2/3 c thats 21 and a swcond 2024 is good enough comp.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Blues give up easily the best player in this trade and arguably the 2nd best depending on the season?

1sr, 2nd and 3rd. I would take Binnington everyday over B Tkachuk. That said, he's the type of player that will squeeze every dime out of a team, I'm not interested in that type of shit. So no, I would not want him in exchange for Kyrou.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Blues give up easily the best player in this trade and arguably the 2nd best depending on the season?
That ask is just play bad
Thomas 8s worth more then brady. 80pt 1cs at 25. Noooooooooo thanks. Lol brady is going to request a trade soon causw he is unhappy. Kyrou dean is all i offer now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ottawa is good at center with Stutzle and Pinto. B Tkachuk is more of a need than Kyrou would be.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kyrou + 1st for BT is a fair offer. But I doubt either team accepts. Blues need to spend their assets on D

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I guess the Blues fans who want to make the trade? No reason to propose it if you believe otherwise.
I think its three things:
1) the allure of the hometown kid and the perception that he is trending toward unhappy in Ottawa
2) Kyrou's NTC kicking in on July 1, 2024
3) Brady's style of play is more traditional Blues hockey

I personally don't think a Kyrou for Brady swap is that far off value wise from a production standpoint. I think the only real differentiator in value is the difference in their draft pedigree.
Tkachuk through 6 seasons: 30G, 35A, 65 Pts (82 game avg), 0.79 ppg
Kyrou through 6 seasons: 28G, 36A, 64 Pts (82 game avg), 0.78 ppg

Tkachuk is much more physical (see note 3 above). Tkachuk signed through 27-28 at 8.2M
Kyrou signed through 29-30 at 8.125M

I can understand Ottawa fans not wanting to make the trade but it's certainly close in value.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think its three things:
1) the allure of the hometown kid and the perception that he is trending toward unhappy in Ottawa
2) Kyrou's NTC kicking in on July 1, 2024
3) Brady's style of play is more traditional Blues hockey

I personally don't think a Kyrou for Brady swap is that far off value wise from a production standpoint. I think the only real differentiator in value is the difference in their draft pedigree.
Tkachuk through 6 seasons: 30G, 35A, 65 Pts (82 game avg), 0.79 ppg
Kyrou through 6 seasons: 28G, 36A, 64 Pts (82 game avg), 0.78 ppg

Tkachuk is much more physical (see note 3 above). Tkachuk signed through 27-28 at 8.2M
Kyrou signed through 29-30 at 8.125M

I can understand Ottawa fans not wanting to make the trade but it's certainly close in value.
Kyrous NTC is 25 not 24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad