GDT: Avs vs Habs in Quebec City Friday 26th September 7.30 PM EDT/5.30 PM MDT ‎( link#67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yes. They are going to wear their regular home jersey IMO. I've no idea why there's a 30 min pregame ceremony though. What are they going to celebrate?

They're going to celebrate the weekend finally being here. Well, I am anyway.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yes. They are going to wear their regular home jersey IMO. I've no idea why there's a 30 min pregame ceremony though. What are they going to celebrate? They did one with Sakic, Forsberg and Foote in 2002 which was understandable but there's not much left to say

Maybe more something with Roy since he wasn't there for the last one, and since he coached the Remparts in the Colisee for eight years?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd honestly prefer Mcginn and even Hishon over Parenteau's sad effort.

Well i really like McGinn, think he's the kind of under appreciated middle 6er that good teams need to have and so would have no issues with him taking his talents to a top 6 spot.

And I think we're all rooting for Hishon to become a modern Tanguay, though him playing C all camp makes me wonder if they don't want to call him up for a spot on the wing this year, either cause they want him to have a great year in Lake Erie before taking his shot at the main team, or cause they think he could step in and replace briere/Mitchell as the 3C when his game rounds out with his chippiness and speed.

With McGinn on one wing for a long time that may not be a bad idea, especially if one of Rendulic, Everberg, Schumacher or one of the other smurfs can win a top 6 job before Bleackley so that he starts off on the right side of the third line whenever his time comes. Given how high the team seem to be on agozzino and that Bourke, smith and Sgar have flashed the potential to one day replace Tanguay as a smaller top 6er, maybe that's the hope?

Landy-MacK-Agozzino/Bourke/Smith/Sgar
ROR-Dutchy-Schu/Rendulic/Everberg
McGinn-Hishon-Bleackley
Everberg/Heard/Bordy-Malkin/Henley/Condon-Winchester

Bigras - EJ
Siemens - Barrie
Holden/Gaertsen/Beaupre-Redmond/Lauridsen/notStastny/Elliott

Varly
Berra/Will/Martin/Aitto/Pickard

Our young Cs would need to all improve a lot defensively for that to work out west, but down the line I could see that being a very dangerous and well balanced team, especially since having wingers who can win face offs on every line would hopefully lead those centers to cheat the **** out of every drop, and that the smurf next to Landy and MacK would be the only winger who didn't bring either size and speed, or great defensive prowess to help their center.

Mostly just trying to figure out if maybe there's something regarding Hishon's focus on centering this summer beyond just wanting him to have the best start in Lake Erie he can.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think the plan with Hishon is to send him down and then give him Briere's spot centering the 3rd line next year.

Habs fans are pissed with their lineup tonight, apparently the AVS will play agaisnt their C team. Would suck to lose considering that the AVS are dressing like they would in regular season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think the plan with Hishon is to send him down and then give him Briere's spot centering the 3rd line next year.

Habs fans are pissed with their lineup tonight, apparently the AVS will play agaisnt their C team. Would suck to lose considering that the AVS are dressing like they would in regular season.

Just imagine the articles about the Avs regression coming out after that loss. :laugh:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just imagine the articles about the Avs regression coming out after that loss. :laugh:

This is more a confidence thing than anything else. I hope the AVS win like 6-0 just to shut up all the Habs fans that will be in the crowd :naughty:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The scariest part is thinking about somebody potentially getting injured in a game against AHL'ers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I personally don't buy into any results in pre-season for ANY team in ANY sport. Many vets just don't give a ... well you know, and coaches are tinkering with different things which they may or may not implement in the regular season.

Take for example last night, ROR wasn't going all out and it was quite obvious... and that pretty much never happens in the regular season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's the sense I'm getting to, which is a little odd to me, as I was sure Patrick's focus on a stacked top 6 with a more tradition bottom 6 would leave Joey's future on either Dutchy or Mack's wing.

Though that possible future lineup doesn't look bad at all if one of the smurfs hits, one of the euro big bodies develops, and Hishon-Bleackley become what they're capable of, i.e. a lower lever Duchene-ROR. With McGinn as the third man with those two I could see a great third line come together.

Plus that 4th line could eat some real minutes in a defensive role, letting the top three lines carry less of a burden than they had to with bordy and highlander fixtures on the 4th line last season. Can you tell how excited by Winchester I am? lol

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I personally don't buy into any results in pre-season for ANY team in ANY sport. Many vets just don't give a ... well you know, and coaches are tinkering with different things which they may or may not implement in the regular season.

Take for example last night, ROR wasn't going all out and it was quite obvious... and that pretty much never happens in the regular season.

Yep, in preseason I'm looking at the young guys trying to make their way into the team, and the way the vets are reading each other if new chemistry needs to be formed, and even that is a little tough to judge with everyone holding back.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

And that effort was about 3x more than they gave vs the Ducks.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Damn I'm so tempted to buy a last minute ticket for the game tonight.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Damn I'm so tempted to buy a last minute ticket for the game tonight.

If you can afford it, and can go, do it!

The whole team wants to win this for Patty. I think all the vets wanting to play is more about that, than about the Nordiques history.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Honestly, can we please stop talking about PA. It's in the past, and I don't care about it anymore.

On actual topic, did anyone figure out if Altitude is actually covering the game or if they are just picking up a feed.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

I believe we're dressing one NHL regular on D (Gilbert) and two at F position (Desharnais, Prust).

:help:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I wouldnt be shocked if we lost to the Habs C team lol. Watching the highlights from last night looked like Berra was solid. The goals he let in he didnt have much of a chance on.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 14m
Max Talbot est prêt #nordiques #avalanche #tvasports pic.twitter.com/dmZn7WfMY5
Embedded image permalink

Talbot in a Nordique's cap.

Maybe they are doing something special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events